Saturday, October 16, 2010

When I Go Home To Dixie

Copyright T warren BMI Red Dirt and Redskin music 2010

"I can hardly wait, to get off this road,

Settle down and shake off this load

Take in the pines, sit under a live oak tree

Walk barefoot in red dirt and set my soul free

Chorus:

When I get home to Dixie, that’s just the way it will be, surrounded by loved ones, friends and family

Lose all the troubles of a worried mind, when I get home to Dixie everything will be just fine

There is something about Dixie that words cant express of all the places I’ve ever been, Ya know I love her best

Chorus:

When I get home to Dixie, that’s just the way it will be, surrounded by loved ones, friends and family

When I was just a young boy, …..I already knew

That Dixie was in my blood, to her I’d remain true

I’ve tried all my life to always ……do her proud

Inside my heart is a Rebel yell and it’s about to get real loud When I get home to Dixie, that’s just the way it will be, surrounded by loved ones, friends and family repeat and end."

No comments:

Post a Comment