Saturday, November 13, 2010

Niles Found Guilty

Niles found guilty - Shelbyville Times-Gazette
My Dear Patrons,

For the past few days, I have been meeting with and helping the Shelbyville Police Department, as well as the District Attorney's office in Tennessee, in their case against David Niles. Mr. Niles was accused of first degree murder of another human being and the unlawful possession of a weapon. It was my honor and civic duty to contribute to the investigation.

The State rested their case around noon on Tuesday, November 9th, and the defense was finished presenting their case a matter of hours later. My evening was coming to an end in wonderful Shelbyville when I received a surprising phone call from the detective of the case. He had some developments to discuss with me and invited me to dinner with the District Attorney. At dinner, I was told that it took the jury fifteen minutes to deliberate and conclude a guilty verdict against David Niles. I was extremely satisfied with the jury and I thank them for taking this man off the streets. We need to live in a world where we feel safe and know that people like David Niles are behind bars where they belong. He will be sentenced to a minimum of 51 years in prison, and that is 51 years too short.

After my impromptu dinner with the detective and the District Attorney, I drifted off into a somber sleep. I couldn't help but think about the poor woman who was murdered in this case. Laura Parker should not have lost her life so soon at the hands of a monster. I am immensely grateful that TGSCOM, Inc and myself were able to play a small part in the investigation.

I woke up early the next morning and found myself reflecting on my family, my coworkers, and my customers. That is what I am thankful for. None of what we do is possible without you, the customer, and we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts. Your patronage enriches the lives of all and we appreciate each and every person we do business with. Thank you very much, God bless you and your families, and God bless the United States of America.

Yours truly,

Eric Thompson
President TGSCOM
========
Another idiot behind bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment