Thursday, March 3, 2011

ATF On The Ropes At 6:30; TONIGHT ON THE “CBS EVENING NEWS WITH KATIE COURIC”

OATHKEEPERS

March 3, 2011

TONIGHT ON THE “CBS EVENING NEWS WITH KATIE COURIC”:

IN AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW, ATF AGENT RISKS JOB TO SPEAK ABOUT GUNRUNNING SCANDAL

Go to fullsize image

Agent Tells CBS News: “The More Our Guys Buy, the More Violence We’re Having Down Here”

Tonight on the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH KATIE COURIC (6:30 PM, ET), CBS News Investigative Correspondent Sharyl Attkisson will follow up on her February 23 report about a major scandal within the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). In an exclusive interview with Attkisson, a Phoenix-based ATF agent risks his job to describe the practice of letting guns “walk,” and gives an insider’s perspective about how the ATF knowingly contributed to the escalating violence in Mexico and American border states to that country.

Following are advance excerpts from tonight’s broadcast.

On his bosses’ denial of the gunrunning practice and going public:

ATF Agent: “I’m here boots on the ground in Phoenix, telling you we’ve been doing it every day since I’ve been here. Here I am. Tell me I didn’t do the things that I did. Tell me you didn’t order me to do the things I did. Tell me it didn’t happen. Now you have a name on it, you have a face to put with it. Here I am. Someone now – tell me it didn’t happen.”

On role of ATF in violence in Mexico:

Sharyl Attkisson: “Did you feel that the ATF was partly to blame for the escalating violence in Mexico, and on the border:

Agent: “Yes ma’am. I even asked them if they could see the correlation between the two. The more our guys buy, the more violence we’re having down there.”

On finding two assault rifles at the murder scene of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, and hoping to help Terry’s family:

Agent: “I felt guilty. I mean it’s crushing. I don’t know how to explain it.”

Agent: “First of all, I’d tell them that I’m sorry. Second of all, I’d tell them I’ve done everything that I can for them to get the truth. After this, I don’t know what else I can do. But I hope they get it.”

Sharyl Attkisson’s full report broadcasts tonight on the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH KATIE COURIC. Web exclusive elements will be available at www.cbsnews.com after 6:30 PM, ET tonight.

* * *

Be sure and tune into the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric tonight at 6:30 pm. And tell everyone you know.

===================

Examiner.Com

Grassley letter to Holder-3/3/11

Grassley letter to Holder-1 of 5


PAGES TWO THROUGH FIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment