Sunday, March 20, 2011

S & W 329 .44 Magnum Night Guard Revolver Review

Smith & Wesson Revolver Model 329 Night Guard - Click to see Larger Image
"Make no mistake, I really like .44 caliber handguns, and in particular, .44 Magnum handguns. I still remember getting my first .44 Magnum handgun, back in 1974. Like many guys, I loved the Dirty Harry movie series, with Clint Eastwood. So my first .44 Magnum was a S&W Model 29, with a 6.5" Barrel. I can still recall the first cylinder of ammo I fired on the gun shops indoor range - my hand stung! Before reloading another 6 rounds, I noticed that the grips on the Model 29 had cracked - on both sides - from the recoil. Luckily, the gun shop stocked grips and I was back in business. I actually carried that S&W Model 29, in a shoulder holster, like Dirty harry Callahan did, when I was working as a Private Investigator, back in Chicago, Illinois.

Over the years, I've owned more than my share of S&W .44 Magnums in one guise or another. However, one that really caught my attention is the Model 329 Night Guard."

2 comments:

  1. I have owned a model 329 for over a year. Shot over 200 magnum rounds through it. It is accurate and reliable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think the difference in the kick/sting would be compared to a max load .357 weighing 17 ounces?

    ReplyDelete