Thursday, April 7, 2011

Episcopal Church: Littering is Just Like Crucifixion

“Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”

--Ronald Regan

================================================================

Couldn't make this stuff up.

=============================

View Image

From what I understand Good Friday and Earth Day fall on the same day this year. Hooray! I, however, will not be giving Earth Day a moment's thought after I write this post (unless I think of something demeaning and funny to say about it later.) On Good Friday I will likely pray and watch "The Passion of the Christ" on DVD, not meditate and watch "An Inconvenient Truth."

But it seems that an office of the Episcopalian Church sees great significance in the confluence of the calendar and want everyone to remember that it's Earth Day. They even go so far as to compare littering with a crucifixion. Yup.


2 comments:

  1. Isn't that Gai? I know at least 3 people who publicly celebrate Earth Day as a religious holiday. This drives me crazy. They are putting the Earth and its inhabitants ahead of the Christ. I cannot believe how the world has turned since I was just a child and I'm only in my mid-40's. You cannot convince these people either otherwise. They would rather not believe in the Almighty but believe the Earth will save them I guess. With all the earthquakes and floods of late, I would be be questioning who I am putting my faith in if I were those people.


    D. Stroud
    Tarboro

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Episcopal Church: From the absurd to the ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete