Thursday, April 28, 2011

In defense of college


"This Cracked commenter's explanation of why college is worthwhile is more than a little amusing:

College sucked for the first two years for me (as in I was one phone call away from talking to an Army recruiter) but then I ended up studying abroad for a semester, meeting some really cool people and professors and took classes in my major (Rhetoric) which were really eye opening and awesome. I started out as a judgmental hyper-conservative p***k and four years later, here I am graduating in three weeks as a well rounded, tolerant atheist. I don't mean to toot my own horn (although if I could, I would, heh heh) but I'm certainly much better off, mentally, than I was before college. To me that's what makes my mountain of debt worth it.

So, there's some good news and some bad news, Mom and Dad."

No comments:

Post a Comment