Monday, April 18, 2011

The Ruger SR1911 (Video)



It is finally here and it is now official. Rumors has been roaming around for years that Ruger is making a 1911. These rumors started way back even before Ruger considered making one. Back in November 2009, the first discussions started among the engineers. Through extensive work and planning including 1000s of interviews through the “Voice of the Customer Program” the specification was put on paper and the project set in motion. Michael and I were down at Gunsite in December 2010 along with a handful of other representatives from the Outdoor Media and were introduced to the first production guns.

2 comments:

  1. Unreconstructed in TennesseeApril 20, 2011 at 9:26 AM

    Oh, how I wish Ruger would re-create a John Browning-based .38 Super.

    I'm not going to complain about this gun - I want one. But, I'd really like to see the .38 Super make a comeback rather than the anemic .380 Colt-based autos. Talk about a fully functional, nostalgic carry piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I had a NAA .380 and got rid of it to purchase the LCR in .38, but then sold that to get the LCR in .357 when it came out. I certainly feel much more comfortable with either my Glock 30 or 21, but at least I carry the LCR 100% of the time.

    ReplyDelete