Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hardcore

View Image

I spend most of my time writing these posts trying not to say what needs to be said. I word it cleverly to stay on the right side of the law and propriety. I avoid calling for any sort of action to be taken as that is a violation of the First Amendment protections against free speech, it goes a bit too far, you see. But, I am growing weary of playing a lop-sided game. I am growing weary of police who strut about with guns on their hips, badges on their chests and malice in their hearts.

Don't get me wrong, as far as policemen are concerned, I believe that most of them are honorably doing their jobs to protect us from criminals. They have families and a legitimate concern for the society in which they live. Yet, where are these men and women when the "bad" cops do their business? Where are the responsible cops when the Pima County SWAT shoots the crap out of a veteran? Are they quiet because they are also guilty of rigging evidence, of lying under oath, of fraudulently filling out warrants, of lying on their resumes? Let the first honest cop point the finger at the rest. Or, are there any left? And, if not, then what the hell is there to wait for?

No comments:

Post a Comment