Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Good Times Are Killing Me

good morning Brock,

I am here in illannoy, just finished warching a 1975 documentary, called "The Good Times Are Killin' Me" It takes place in 2 small towns in West Lousiana. one of them Basaile, I have been there ,in fact played music with some coonass', Indians. and cajuns, well hell ,they are really all cajun. Anyway, I sent this along because it is a honest look at some of the best people on this earth, some great music, and a look at a Southern lifestyle that was dying in '75, and for the most part is gone now. Simpler times, that should have never changed.......I don't think I am the only one that would enjoy seeing it, that's why I passed it along. For the Culture, and it don't get any more real... hope ya can find 58 minutes to give it a view.......

Have a great day T

====================================================================

Documentary about the rapidly fading Cajun culture in rural Louisiana. About half of the tape focuses on Nathan Abshire, "Mr. Accordion," who performs traditional music with his band and talks about the old life. The other major focus of the tape is the celebration of Cajun Mardi Gras.

HERE.

==============================================================
MORE

Cajun Legend Nathan Abshire 1975



8 comments:

  1. Thanks Brock for posting this, it really is worth the time to watch,. I sure hope Hamp see's this, as I know he has some Cajun relates, God love'm they are mighty fine people.
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a trip. Let's go sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Sir and I'd love to go there and spend some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there's bourbon involved, count me in. That's definitely good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bourbon and Branch water, though these days, I stick to beer each night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so if there is a real trip in the making let us say a Cajun Adventure, Bourbon and Branch, shucks even beer I guess, great food, beautiful people, some of the best music ever and the Bayou, as the gravy on the biscuit .I want in !!!!!! I loved the area and the people, and I don't think I'd have much trouble fittin' in, at least I hope not. So when do we leave???????????

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll buy a lotto and all our troubles will be over!:)

    ReplyDelete