Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Meet America’s 51st (Broke) State

View Image

It is only fitting that a few days after South Sudan became the newest independent country to join the roster of IMF and World Bank “modernization and industrialization” targets, another Southern version of something should break apart, although some may be surprised that this latest secession is not somewhere in the middle of Africa, but in America’s own insolvent back yard.

Meet Southern California. “Accusing Sacramento of pillaging local governments to feed its runaway spending and left-wing policies, a Riverside County politician is proposing a solution: He wants 13 mostly inland, conservative counties to break away to form a separate state of “South California.” Supervisor Jeff Stone, a Republican pharmacist from Temecula, called California an “ungovernable” financial catastrophe from which businesses are fleeing and where taxpayers are being crushed by the burden of caring for welfare recipients and illegal immigrants.”

Ah yes, the heart of prosperity that is the Inland Empire, known for such great achievements as Hell’s Angels, the most ridiculous excesses of the housing bubble, Del Taco, and… that’s pretty much it. This sounds like yet another Swiss Watch plan.

This is what the 51st state would look like:

HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Actually, that whole area is as about as red as one can get in KaliForniKation. But is fast losing that do to the high Mexican influx.

    And hey, we're not completely broke down this way. I still have a couple of dollars in my pocket.

    I'd like to see it happen, although I don't see the point. Nothing much would change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in Fallbrook/Camp Pendleton/San Clemente for many years after the evacuation of Saigon. Where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I grew up in Redondo Beach. A typical SoCal surfer. After the Army, I ended up in the High Desert/Victorville area except for a couple of years in Colorado. I've had family live here is this desert since the 1930's.

    Used to go to Camp Pendleton once in awhile when I was in the Boy Scouts. I know, Boy Scouts/Surfer dude? ;-) I was an oddball.

    ReplyDelete