Friday, November 4, 2011

Jesse Ventura: 'I will never stand for the national anthem again.'

Via Troublesome Times

MPR News
VERBATIM POST
=======


Former Gov. Jesse Ventura held a news conference today to criticize the dismissal of his lawsuit against the Transportation Security Administration for the agency's pat downs and full body scanners at the airport. Ventura said he was outraged that the court dismissed his case. He called the judge who dismissed the case and the federal courts in general as "cowards."

"They said they don't have jurisdiction," Ventura told reporters outside of the federal courthouse in St. Paul. "Well my question is if the federal courts don't have jurisdiction over a constitutional question then who the hell does?"

Ventura said he hasn't talked with his attorney about whether he would appeal his lawsuit but he suggested it wasn't worth it.

"Why would I appeal it, I want a trial by jury," Ventura said. "If I appeal it, they'll get federally paid judges to squash it."

Ventura, who was flanked by the TV crew that shoots his conspiracy TV show, also said he's lost his patriotism. He said he'll never fly commercially again.

"I will not be treated like a criminal," Ventura said. "In our airports today, we citizens are treated like criminals. We're guilty until we're proven innocent."

Ventura also said he's going to apply for dual citizenship of Mexico, where he owns a home.

"They know that if I go to court and I'm given a jury I will win," Ventura said.

He also said he lost his patriotism and would then refer to the U.S. as the "Fascist States of America." .

"I will never stand for a national anthem again," Ventura said. "I will turn my back and raise a fist the same way Tommy Smith and John Carlos did in the '68 Olympics, Jesse Ventura will do that today."

Ventura then again teased that he could make another run for office.

"The only way that I could change it I guess would be to run for president and win it," Ventura said. "Is that what it will take?" When asked if he's running for the White House, Ventura said "I'm thinking about it. That's all though."

Ventura said he would never set foot in the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport again.

Ventura also didn't forget about his past battles with the Minnesota media. He singled out WCCO's Pat Kessler and told him he'll never forgive him for the way he treated him and his family. Kessler did a story during Ventura's time as governor that his son, Tyrell, threw weekend parties at the governor's residence that caused damage to furniture and fixtures.

No comments:

Post a Comment