Thursday, December 8, 2011

I don't carry a gun........

Via North


My old grandpa said to me 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'.

13 comments:

  1. Excellent! And so very true as well!
    CIII

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written. 100% true on all points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say it's spreading like wildfire around the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why the hell would anyone carry a gun...when they could carry 2 guns?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, that's a damn good point! A knife or two also.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sedition reminds me the story of the man pulled over by a highway patrol officer and the officer said after coming back from running the license I see you have concealed carry permit. Do you have a weapon on you?
    The man responded I have a S&W MP9 in my center console.
    Officer asked is that it?
    Man says no I have a Ruger LC9 holstered inside my jacket.
    Officer is that it?
    Man says nope I have a Colt Defender 1911 in the glove box, a Mossberg JIC 500 Mariner under the back seat and a S&W MP15 in the back.
    Officer says, just what in hell are you afraid of?
    Man says, Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's funny Michael, as I just told that joke to Dixie a few days ago and she got a kick out of it. Looks like yesterday was the last 70 degree day here, dern it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I know what you mean as I woke up to possible icy road warnings this morning here in the foothills. So it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brock:

    This is grrrr-REAT!!!

    I reckon I'll copy it and post it on my own web site.

    But, I sure wish I knew who the original author was, so I could attribute due credit.

    The only thing I can find out is that this is and has been circulating in e-mails and is being posted on various web sites throughout the Internet.

    Thank you.

    John Robert Mallernee
    Armed Forces Retirement Home
    Gulfport, Mississippi 39507

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found on a similar site ...

    Firearms refresher course:

    1. "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

    2. Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

    3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

    4. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is
    a subject.

    5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

    6. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

    7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

    8. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

    9. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

    10. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

    11. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

    12. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

    13. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

    14. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?

    15. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.

    16. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

    17. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

    18. The British attempted to implement gun control and the colonial response was given at the Battle of Lexington

    ReplyDelete