Wednesday, December 21, 2011

We Killed Your Daughter; You're Under Arrest

Via California Tree of Liberty

Daniel Hiler ran out of gas during an evening motorcycle ride in Oildale, California on December 16. While walking his bike to a gas station, the twenty-year-old father of two ran into a family friend named Chrystal Jolley. The pair was crossing a street at a widely-recognized intersection when they were fatally blindsided by a vehicle traveling at a speed well in excess of the posted speed limit. Despite the fact that darkness had descended, the driver hadn’t turned on his headlights. The victims were killed instantly.

Within minutes, police swarmed the scene, and arrests were made — none of which involved the driver, Deputy John Swearengin of the Kern County Sheriff’s Office. The four people arrested were relatives of the victims, who got into what the Sheriff’s Office described as an “altercation” with California Highway Patrol officers when they attempted to identify the victims.

"I was at home on Friday night working on my car when someone came running over and told me that a deputy ran over my daughter in the street,” recalls Jimmy Clevenger, Jolley’s father. “I ran down here, I was very upset…. The next thing I know, they had me by the neck and threw me to the ground and said I resisted arrest. My daughter was dead in the street and it was their fault.”

The outraged relatives were taken to jail, and face criminal charges. Swearengin, the killer, was taken to the hospital and wasn’t compelled to undergo drug or alcohol screening.

MORE

4 comments:

  1. “The officer will go on paid suspension. Then they will say he didn’t do anything wrong. And that will be the end of it.”

    If that was a member of my family the cop ran over, I can guaran-damn-tee it wouldn't be the end of it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paid suspension... I would have a 50 cent payment for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "They seem to be getting worse"

    Come on, Brock

    ReplyDelete