Friday, January 13, 2012

Allen West on the Marines Incident: 'Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell'

Via The Bonnie Blue Blog

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.), a former Army lieutenant colonel, sends THE WEEKLY STANDARD an email commenting on the Marines' video, and has given us permission to publish it.

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

8 comments:

  1. I sure do like Mr. West. Attitude you can count on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, so far he seems like Ron Paul in that he doesn't change horses in mid-stream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote about this elsewhere... Shugart and Gordon weren't dragged thru the streets. You'd think a retired LTC would at least honor the dead by using the right names...

    And literally EVERYONE I KNOW was "outraged" when bodies were dragged thru the streets of Somalia; and in Iraq...

    This is no longer a "right or wrong" issue; it has become a POLITICAL ISSUE... No-one on the conservative/Republican side will speak out and admit that this is an evil act, a terrible wrong, and that no US military personnel should do such heinous things...

    But we know in our hearts that it is WRONG, if even if most people don't have the courage to say so in public.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone who once dabbled in all things Marine Corps-ish, I believe that pissing on dead enemy is not helpful, but it also is not really a big deal.

    The really dumb thing to do was to film the urine-fest.

    Some things are best left to the imagination and memory.

    Silly jarheads...

    ReplyDelete
  5. As my old SGT used to say "I don't give a rat's ass." After all, we have more important things to worry about, like the Marxist in the WH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My only concern is how he (all politicians) voted on the Patriot Act, he voted in favor on the last vote to extend I believe. Which makes me wonder how he went on the NDAA & how he's leaning on the Enemy Expatriation Act. Does anyone know off hand?

    When he speaks I listen, my only concern is the Patriot Act support. No politician can support or Liberties & Rights while supporting an UN Constitutional bill, it's an oxymoron!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot about that, back to the only one who never changes, Ron Paul.

    ReplyDelete