Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Is it time to leave?

Via Western Rifle Shooters Association

I have to admit it; if I were rich I’d have left the U.S. by now. Or I’d at least have prepared a nice little offshore getaway — a vacation place that would be there when the day came that it was really, really, indubitably time to escape.

I’m not a rich person. You’re probably not, either.

Still, we Americans are living in a country whose government (not our government, but some strange occupation force, some junta that seized power when good people and fools alike weren’t watching) has declared its authority either to assassinate us at will or “disappear” us equally arbitrarily.

That’s not tolerable. One way or another, that has to end. It ends either by us leaving or by that government being ended through resistance.

Do you think about leaving? I know there are people here who say, “Never. Absolutely not. This is my country and they’re not going to drive me out of it.” “I’ll fight for it,” some say. “I’ll die before I surrender it to tyrants.”

Part of me understands that and agrees. Part of me, on the other hand, says, “Freedom is my only country and it goes where I go.” Part of me says, “If you have to fight or fear all the time, then by definition you’re not free and never will be.”

4 comments:

  1. One problem: There's no better place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had the money, I would definitely have a place in a different country, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I would if I could and I hear people in Denmark are happier than anywhere else.

    D.Stroud
    Tarboro, NC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their government must leave them alone then, I assume.

    ReplyDelete