Sunday, January 29, 2012

Man threatens, follows woman during road rage incident

Sounds familiar except for the outcome.

A St. Louis security guard was arrested Thursday after police say he threatened to kill a driver on a highway exit ramp.
John Davis was on his way home from his club security job on North Kingshighway when he told me that a driver cut him off. Police say that made him so mad that he not only threatened to shoot another driver over it but that he also had the guns and ammo to do it.

Police say they pulled four loaded handguns from the off-duty security guard's car minutes after he allegedly threatened to shoot a woman in a fit of road rage. It started on Interstate 64 and escalated on an off ramp in Caseyville.

"He rolled down his window and shined a spotlight in my eyes -- an insanely bright spotlight -- so I couldn't even see his face," the victim said. "And he started screaming about that he had four guns in his car and that he was going to kill me."

The victim asked me not to use her name or show her face for fear of retaliation, but she told me that she then sped off, with the guard on her tail. She then called 911.

"At this point I'm so frightened I can't hardly move," she said.

By then, she says the guard had followed her into Belleville. She said she was too scared to go home, so she stayed on the phone with police as she drove around until they could get to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment