Thursday, January 5, 2012

Remembrances jogged by PISSED

PISSED commented on What if...?

I have sometimes wondered the what if's? Everything is fate I guess and you just have to go with it.

It's usually the 3-5 second rule I call it. Somebody will mention a fatal car accident and I think what if either party rolled over when the alarm went off, or did or didn't stop for coffee, or stopped at the yellow light earlier rather than run it.

To which I replied:

I should have died many times in my life and your mention of the above reminds me of the time I drove from Northern Virginia to my military school reunion in Lewisburg, WVA in my '65 Hi Po at around midnight after consuming countless beers. At any rate, the divided highway had concrete bridges that went across it at fairly close intervals and I woke up at the bottom of the grassy section exactly between two which enabled me to get back on the highway before certain death. Indeed, a 3-5 second rule.

Then there was the time I ran out of air at around 80 feet chasing a large Sheepshead in California with a bag full of scallops. Well, each time I kicked upwards, I would of course get a little more air to breath and finally there came the time that I said to myself that if I don't hit the top next time, I'm done, but no way in hell I was going to drop my bag of scallops to make it easier! Crazy!:) Anyway on the supposedly last kick I saw the surface and made it. Boy that was the sweetest intake of air I ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment