Monday, January 2, 2012

Stay classy, Alan Colmes: Mocks Rick Santorum for mourning death of his baby

Milton Wolf
Verbatim Post
This one really boils my blood. Alan Colmes mocked Rick Santorum and his family for wanting to mourn the death of their newborn in the privacy of their own home rather than the sterile and all-too-public hospital setting.




I have unfortunately grieved with more families than I could count, including my own, and if there's one thing I've learned it's this: Everyone grieves differently. At times, I have gently admonished those who are less accepting of that fact.

Evidently, the Santorums chose to briefly -- 2 hours, according to the piece -- take the recently departed remains of their newborn home to grieve in privacy. It's something I think is understandable, particularly for a United States Senator who, unlike the rest of us, would be afforded little privacy in a hospital setting.

Alan Colmes mocked the grieving Santorums as though they "played with it."

This makes me sick. Is this the standard of the American left?

4 comments:

  1. I have less respect for the media than I do for politicians, if that's possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a special place in Hell for folks like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a special place in Hell for folks like that.

    Reminds me of a quote from yesterday.

    http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2012/01/south-carrying-arms-and-more.html
    “The universal practice of carrying arms in the South is undoubtedly the cause of occasional loss of life, and is much to be regretted. On the other hand, this custom renders altercations and quarrels of very rare occurrence, for people are naturally careful what they say when a bullet may be the probable result.”
    LtC Sir Arthur James Lyon Fremantle, HM Coldstream Guards, 24 May 1863

    ReplyDelete