Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ariz. Sheriff Arpaio to Release Probe of Obama Birth Certificate

Sheriff Joe Arpaio says he will release the results of an investigation into President Barack Obama’s birth certificate on March 1. The Arizona lawman made the announcement in Maricopa County today at his hometown Republican Lincoln Day lunch and straw poll.

“I had about 250 tea party people, to sign a petition . . . came to me and asked their sheriff to investigate Obama and the birth certificate. So what should I do? Throw it in the waste basket and forget it like everybody else has done?” Arpaio told the crowd, according to a C-SPAN report.

“When I took this mission on, I took it on to possibly be able to clear the president. I was doing him a favor. We’ll see what happens."

No comments:

Post a Comment