Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Are We Out of Options?

Via Looking in the Mirror


Let’s face it, the federal government is broken.

It is dysfunctional, unconstitutional, careening towards a cliff at breakneck speed, and if it is not stopped, it will drag us all down with it. Am I being too harsh? Am I flat out wrong? Or am I saying what a lot of you are thinking?

We have been watching this process as it has pickup speed since the sixties, but it has really taken off since 9-11. For those who believe in big government and they sit on both sides of the aisle, 9-11 was a crisis too good to let go to waste. In the name of security we have seen a federal government grow like a black hole sucking in state powers, sovereignty and our liberties.

But they tell us it’s for our own good, you know, “to keep us safe from the bad guys.”

If I am spied on, arrested and thrown in jail indefinitely, have my free speech curtailed, am not allowed to show my displeasure at the government, and finally I can be killed at the pleasure of the government, does it really matter if it was done by “bad guys” the or the “good guys?”

So, what do we do about it? Well let’s look at the ways that we have up to this point used to express our displeasure with the federal government.

Option #1

More @ Tenth Amendment Center

No comments:

Post a Comment