Sunday, March 25, 2012

Thoughts for Consideration

Here are some thoughts of mine. They will offend some people. That is not my concern; I cannot control others' reactions to what I say. I hope people are able/willing to look through offense, and my clumsy words that cause it, in order to see what I am saying here. Here goes-

It has been said that the Constitution would only work in a moral society.

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion ...Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams

Benjamin Franklin, Signer of the Declaration of Independence - "[O]nly a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."

" Religion and morality are the essential pillars of civil society." - Washington


I think there's a little more to it than that, but let's assume that the statement is true at face value, and look at some things.

2 comments:

  1. These word`s should be chiseled in granite,and someday soon replace the "Georgia Guidestone`s".

    ReplyDelete