Thursday, April 5, 2012

Could GOP delegate count really be this close?

A report released today by the Rick Santorum campaign says that the GOP primary tabulations being assembled by the media are wrong – and the former Pennsylvania senator actually is much closer to former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney than is being portrayed.

And the report said Santorum will follow what always was expected to be a “difficult” month of April with the possibility of up to seven victories in May, which would leave him “heading into the June 5th primaries with a freight train of momentum.”
Ads by Google

The report by Strategic National was released this afternoon by the campaign.

The report says a much more accurate assessment of the delegate totals in the GOP nomination race at this point is 571 for Romney, 342 for Santorum, 158 for Newt Gingrich and 91 for Ron Paul.

The Wall Street Journal, on the other hand, lists 658 for Romeny, 281 for Santorum, 135 for Gingrich and 51 for Ron Paul. Real Clear Politics lists 655 for Romney, 272 for Santorum, 140 for Gingrich and 67 for Paul.

More @ WND

1 comment:

  1. Hmm it seems like your site аtе my fiгѕt comment (it was supeг long) sο I guеss I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thοгoughly enjoying your
    blog. I as wеll am an aѕρirіng blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for newbie blog writers? I'd reallу appreciatе it.


    my homеpagе - click the following website

    ReplyDelete