Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bank of America Declaration Update

The Bank of America Declaration

********

NC Renegade
VERBATIM POST

The following report represents action and comments from the Bank of America Declaration through May 12, 2012. We will continue to post information as it is added.

We have added more categories for signatories supporting this project. If you want your business, blog or name listed, email the information to David@NCRenegade.com and it will be added.

5/6/2012 20:38:47 Michael Downing NC Left messages on OWS FACE BOOK PAGES CONCERNING TAKING DOWN WALL STREET.
5/9/2012 12:35:38 Dick Hertz GA Refused to use BoA ATMs or otherwise do business with them.
5/11/2012 19:38:11 Craig Cavanaugh Texas I do not, nor will ever have an account with BOA. Furthermore, I encourage anyone I come across with a BOA account to dump it like the hot potato it is. Further still, I have utilized my blog to expose BOA’s transgressions, as well as those of other large banks, who only wish to rape the public of their funds either via charges and “fees”, outrageous credit card interest, or outright theft via taxpayer “bailouts”.
5/11/2012 19:48:22 Tom Baugh Georgia Predated this initiative, but closed BoA business checking account and paid off business line of credit in Oct, 2011. Asked branch manager what his plans are for when his branch is closed. Inquired about where and when the furniture might go up for auction.
5/11/2012 20:59:49 Will Ceron CO I closed my account after BofA misappropriated funds from my account, causing my account to be overdrawn, and then charging me for their error despite them admitting fault. I closed my account the same day my funds were reinstated when they refused to also reinstate the overdraft fee that was incurred by them.This was 20 years ago and I’ve never looked back.
5/11/2012 21:07:48 Mozart (Looking in The Mirror) New Mexico Closed all mutual funds through BofA.
5/11/2012 21:36:58 Craig Miller (Broken Patriot) Ohio Doubling my effort to pay down the credit card debt I have accrued, and refuse to conduct any current business until their outlook on Constitutional issues improves to conformity with the ideals of said document.
5/11/2012 22:12:11 P. M. Rhodes Washington Wifes joint account, informed her that I was removing my name and access to her B of A account (she refuses to close it for her own reasons). My funds will now be deposited in a local community credit union.
5/11/2012 22:17:00 Ken Sharples NH Closed checking and savings accounts. Transferred IRA to a more humanely and ethically run smaller bank.Refuse checks drawn on Bank of America.
5/11/2012 22:40:16 Kevin Cederquist Idaho 25 years ago I had a BofA account, the bank withdraw money out of my account causing me to overdraw. I notified the branch and showed them my deposit slip and brought my check book to prove that I wasn’t overdrawn. I still had to pay fees and was put on “probation” I closed the account and to this day I will not accept a check drawn on Bank of America, I flatly refuse to accept them. I will not have anything to do with Bank of Thieves
5/11/2012 23:44:44 S. Terry Carter AZ Closing and moving to a locally owned bank my personal checking and savings accounts. My mortgage is also with BAC home loans – if financially feasible it will be moved also. – But that will take some time.)
5/12/2012 3:06:59 Michael Jordan CA Because of your anti-2nd amendment policy and your consistent arrogant policies , I have closed my checking, savings accounts, moved my IRA accounts and cancelled my credit cards.Next I will be closing the 2 trust accounts you manage, my companies 401k programs and all activities my 2 companies have ongoing with you.
5/12/2012 3:49:49 Darrell Baldwin Colorado Closed credit card account
5/12/2012 8:12:28 William G NC I started doing business with BOA 30 years ago when my local bank NCNB was bought by them. I paid off three mortgages, numerous car and personal loans
with them. Over the years I had numerous problems with them all related to them trying to take money from me in violation of our contracted agreement.
At one point I collected $2000 in settlement from a lawsuit with them but
over the years they stole more than that.
I am happy to report that as of this year BOA and I are happily divorced and they will never get their hands on another penny of my money.
Is anyone aware of their origin? They started business in California in 1904 as a front to help the Mafia launder money.
Action; All financial transaction with BOA permanently ended
5/12/2012 9:00:44 John Hilt Illinois I tweeted the article, and forwarded it to my email contacts. I will make it a point to continue spreading the word on this issue.
5/12/2012 9:28:31 Milissa Benson Indiana I closed my accounts with B O A, switched to local bank. I no longer accept B O A credit or debit in my store. I have requested that my IRA divest any holdings that it has with BOA
5/12/2012 10:22:02 Phil Tawa Massachusetts Every action that applies to me.
5/12/2012 11:09:39 Jonathan Fields Georgia After becoming aware of Bank of America’s irresponsible actions, namely these:This financial institution has been found guilty of laundering South American drug money in 2006 ($7.5 million settlement).They received $20 billion in US Treasury support with an additional $118 billion government backstop to buy Merrill Lynch.

They failed to properly disclose employee bonuses and financial losses at Merrill Lynch before shareholders approved the merger of the companies: $150 million settlement with the SEC.

Bank of America Illegally Foreclosed on Active Service Members’ Homes. Settlement agreement was $20 million.

Their purchase of Countrywide resulted in a loss of $65 billion to stockholders.

They paid $335 million to settle Countrywide’s housing discrimination claims.

They paid $410 million to settle a class-action lawsuit affecting more than 13 million Bank of America customers who accused the bank of charging excessive overdraft fees for electronic transactions.

Bank of America moved approximately$18 trillion worth of derivative obligations from Merrill Lynch and the BAC holding company to the FDIC insured retail deposit division. This transfers the risk from the bank to the taxpayers since the FDIC cannot cover this amount.

Warren Buffett injected $5 billion into Bank of America for special considerations for stock warrants and a 6% annual return for ten years. This bank’s regular personal savings account pays 0.05% annually.

Source of information, which I trust: http://arcticpatriot.blogspot.com/2012/05/bank-of-america-declaration.html

I will be recommending to anyone I know or meet that they not do business with Bank of America.

5/12/2012 11:53:41 Brock Townsend North Carolina Free North CarolinaI know of two individuals who closed their accounts as a result of this endeavor. I haven’t had an account with them for about ten years and will do my best to persuade others to leave also.
5/12/2012 12:02:43
New York I belong to a rifle and pistol club. We are at present waiting for the last checks to clear, and are then closing our account, because of BofA actions to drop McMillan Arms as a customer.
Evidently the second amendment means nothing to BofA.
5/12/2012 12:04:42 Diane North Carolina My husband will be closing his business account there this coming week. He is a huge supporter of gun rights.
5/12/2012 12:13:06 Robert A Inabinette
I closed my wife’s account with BofA in 1980. I closed a trust account in 2001 that I controlled with BofA and moved it to Everbank.com where I increased the intrest by 4 times.BofA is the worst of the worst!
5/12/2012 12:23:05 Diane Rufino North Carolina In addition to sharing this with my husband, who will close his business account with Bank of America this coming week, I’ve shared this article with my Tea Party group (posted on website), posted it on facebook with the Republican Women’s group, and sent it out as a email blast to other conservative leaders in the state and in other states.
5/12/2012 13:14:37 Rich Timm TX I have never had a BoA acct and I will never have one. I only deal with my small town bank. It so happens that that bank is one of the most financially stable banks in the state.
5/12/2012 15:13:11 Papa Mike Texas Removed any and all funds and returned credit/debt cards.
5/12/2012 20:55:08 Richard Daniel Georgia Opened my account at a Credit Union and am in the process of closing my personal and business accounts.
5/12/2012 21:30:42 RedWulf LA I stopped banking with them several years ago. Now I’m sharing their anti-2nd amendment stance with everyone I can; family &friends, coworkers, facebook, other blogs. I will also be writing a letter directly to BoA stating how anti-American this stance is and that they should change their name accordingly.
5/13/2012 10:57:09 Tony Florida Closing a total of five checking and savings accounts, and closing to a BoA credit card that’s been in place for almost 25 years. The McMillan offense was the final straw for me!I run the blog GunRights4US at http://www.gunrights4usall.blogspot.com/ and I will definitely be linking back to your very compelling post.
5/13/2012 14:13:34 Hognutz S.C. Pissed on their building.
5/13/2012 20:52:38 Jeff Reid CT Closed all “main stream” bank accounts choosing instead a local credit union. I further removed all funds from mutual fund accounts, and the like. Choosing instead to invest what little I have with a fraternal society.Let’s starve BofA, JPM, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo and the rest.III
5/14/2012 11:23:28
KS Copy and paste declaration
5/14/2012 12:37:47 Usdi Yona Oklahoma After BofA started providing services to illegal immigrants without requiring legal documentation of identity and immigration status, I stopped using BofA for any and every service. That was 5-7 years ago. I see nothing in their behavior to indicate that they care about the Republic or its free citizens.
5/14/2012 16:53:39 Curtis – Battlefield USA California Closed all accounts several months ago and opened local bank accounts.
5/14/2012 18:27:14 Pete Ferron TX Extrapolating BOA actions to other large financial institutions, closed all accounts with same & moved assets to a local Credit Union and to a local bank, both in sound condition and good reputation.
5/14/2012 19:45:33 John Shield California Set up account to cash BofA checks at different bank.
5/14/2012 22:47:29 Teresa Sue Delight Hoke House Washington I will continue to educate people about the actions of Bank of America in the hopes that they will withdraw their support and business from the Bank of America.
5/15/2012 1:14:57 unclescott CO I will do no business with BOA and I am posting that fact on every blog and social network that I am associated with…

No comments:

Post a Comment