Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bonners Ferry Idaho and the Bull River Valley Run - Trike Flying in Prepper Paradise

Via Survival



This one's been on the list for a while now to get flown. A visit to Sandpoint Idaho put me in position to make the run up to Bonners Ferry, over towards Libby Montana, make the turn SE into Bull River Valley, drop over into the Clark Fork Basin and loop back to Sandpoint. Finally I hit Montana! Thickly forested mountains, rich fertile valleys, and breathtaking peaks. I'll have to make another sweep sometime for a closer look at things. Winds did not cooperate this time for my usual 'terrain mapping' altitude, but the look I did get was stunning - especially from over 9000 feet!. Enjoy as I take you into yet another area easily described as a preppers paradise.

By the way, I did a run up the Clark Fork the night before with some nice footage. The Clark Fork Valley was the site of the 30 mile wide ice dam that broke and dumped 500 cubic miles of Lake Missoula into the state of Washington some 12,000 years ago. It happened dozens of times. It formed todays Lake Pend Oreille which is why its so incredibly deep. It was gouged out by all that water suddenly blowing through. Bonners Ferry to Bull River Valley remained covered under a massive sheet of ice. I'm storing up video from eastern/central Wash to put the whole story together someday - trike style.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah.... my "neck o' the woods"!.... and yes, it's a "Prepper's Paradise"!
    Sweet....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is!
    The Clark Fork river is one of our favorite fishing areas.
    Lake Pend Oreille is so deep that it has a Navy submarine training base there.
    There are a lot of people up around Sandpoint though. A lot of them tend to lean to the lib side, more so than farther south.
    Miss V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Place the X over Sandpoint then.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, Miss V is correct... Sandpoint has a good number of the "artsy-fartsy" type. But we work around em', and carry on with the business at hand! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I was going to use the "artsy-fartsy" phrase, but I was actually trying to behave myself, for once, lol ; )
      Miss Violet

      PS- Roswell do you think anyone would come if we had a patcom in our area?

      Delete
  5. I was actually trying to behave myself, for once, lol ; )

    :)

    ReplyDelete