Friday, May 25, 2012

Defense: Homestead Case Study – Back to Terrain Pt.1

I know a lot of you have been waiting for this and I’ve gotten a lot of emails asking when I was going to get into the nuts and bolts of building a homestead defense plan. This is going to be the first entry in the series and for this one we’re going to go back to terrain for a while so we can get an appreciation of exactly what we’re defending. I’m not going to go into mitigating measures in this entry. We’ll talk about things like homemade Hescos, rocket screens, etc later on.

Ladies and gents I present the notional “Rancho Lizard”. Not a huge homestead by any means but still big enough to be pretty much self sustaining. It is located almost smack dab in the middle of our tribal AO and below I have depicted the property boundaries as shown by the lines and currently occupied homesteads are depicted by a star. Ours is the one inside of the property lines of course.

More @ The Lizard Farmer

No comments:

Post a Comment