Monday, May 21, 2012

Protesting Eric Holder over Fast and Furious at Harvard Law

Eric Holder has been selected as Harvard Law School’s Class Day Speaker. I don’t remember if there was a Class Day when I was there, but I would not have attended anyway for reasons already known to readers.

Holder will be greeted with posters protesting Holder’s stalling of the congressional investigation into Fast and Furious. The protest is being run by student(s) behind a website called Harvard Law Unbound.

The title of the website is a take-off on Unbound – Harvard Journal of the Legal Left, which Professor Bainbridge has listed as a contender for “the least necessary organization in the law school world.” Having scrolled through its website, I’d say Prof. Bainbridge was far too nice. Prof. Jonathan Adler found this early nugget:

Ultimately, I propose that it is irrelevant whether the stories I tell here are “true,” as in fair or “factually” accurate. I see them through my own set of values and my social location as a white, heterosexual woman. I put the spin of my own brain and heart on them. I admit that right now.

Havard Law Unbound has been plastering Harvard Law bulletin boards with a variety of anti-Big Law posters this spring, and now has turned its attention to Holder’s appearance on Wednesday with posters such as this one:

Today we launch a new Unbound Campaign: “Think Bigger: Help Hold Eric Holder Accountable for ‘Fast and Furious.”

This is our first four-poster campaign. As before, posters will be going up on bulletin boards throughout the Law School to publicize some of the issues brought to the fore by Eric Holder’s visit to the campus this Wednesday.

More @ Legal Insurrection

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Protests against a member of the current administration at the bastion of liberalism? Looks like obama is losing his grip, eh?

    ReplyDelete