Wednesday, June 6, 2012

ATF agents point machine guns at 8-year-old



A Colorado woman has filed a lawsuit after agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the ATF, entered her home without a warrant and threatened her and her 8-year old-son while looking for a previous tenant who had left the address more than a year earlier.

According to the filing from Linda Griego, it was on June 15, 2010, when officers with the ATF – as part of the Regional Anti-Gang Enforcement Task Force – violently entered her home without a warrant, handcuffed and pointed guns at her and her son, Colby Frias.

“They had multiple machine pistols pointed at my son. I could see the laser sights on his body and he began to freak out. While I was cuffed I had to calm him down while the officers broke down his bedroom door,” she said.

Her legal action is against the Greeley Police Department and the ATF for illegally entering the home without a warrant.

David Lane, Griego’s attorney, told WND that to this day the agency still has not produced a warrant authorizing it to enter her home. He said Frias continues to suffer nightmares about the events of that day.

More @ WND

7 comments:

  1. Horace Greeley, no less, is credited with saying "Washington is not a place to live in. The rents are high, the food is bad, the dust is disgusting and the morals are deplorable. Go West, young man, go West and grow up with the country."

    It's a crying shame the country didn't grow up. Living a few miles from the town named after him, where this occurred, I can only counsel young women, "Marry a Smith or a Jones or a Brown, but not a Griego or a Guerena. Sometimes I think every cop in Colorado and Arizona wants to be the reincarnation of Wyatt Earp or Doc Holliday, both of whom I also admire and neither of whom do I believe did the kind of outrageous stuff being done by Colorado LEO's today. Neither an eight year old kid nor a two-tour Marine is Ike Clanton.

    This kind of government action motivated the Founders to put quill pen to parchment and write two documents that, 'though spat on by the last two presidents, as well as the Great Emancipator, still stand as the best we have to go by. I have sharpened some Canada goose quills and tried writing with them. It's a challenge for someone whose penmanship was ruined by keyboards. I recently re-read a V-mail sent to me from a Hurtgen Forest foxhole by my father on September 23, 1944 and marveled at how beautifully he, like my mother, wrote. It had faded and I filled in some letters with a pencil, and it was quite legible after 58 years. Will we be read 58 years from now?

    Our POTUS overlooked the day yesterday. I did not. On June 6, 1944, I delivered the Asheville Citizen-Times newspapers and got a fox terrier pup from someone which I dutifully named DD, for D-Day. If you are ever near Bedford, VA, visit the D-Day Memorial there. It is magnificent.

    My dad had a couple more days rest ahead on D-Day before his landing craft of 4th Infantry Division men crossed to Utah Beach.

    Every time I write about this history I use half a box of Kleenex. Free North Carolina hillbillies are very emotional. My wife interviewed my Father on video in 1992 about his war experiences and we just had it put on DVD for all his children and grand-children. From his unquestionable experience, he closed the interview with, "War is Hell."

    I wish for the police of Colorado and America that they could be like my father. I will surely try harder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah, 68 years. Time flies, doesn't it?

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately, but I'm ready to do it all over again and then some!:)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the good post. Do you live around Bedford? I take Dixie to the Sam Davis Youth Camp in Thaxton on Father's Day for a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I live in Aurora CO, near Greeley. But we moved here from Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia and were only 30 miles from Bedford. I took all of our visitors to the Memorial for those three years. Bedford Virginia lost a higher percentage of its male citizens at D-Day than any American City. If I lived there I would volunteer at the D-Day Memorial. The men who volunteer there and lead tour groups are mostly D-Day veterans. Every American should take a tour with one of them.

      Delete
  3. Thanks. Come back for a visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wanted to attend a PATCOM and may get to the League of the South convention in Alabama in July. I hope.

    http://dixienet.org/rights/2012_LSNC.php

    ReplyDelete