Patriot Convention


This is the one election that in all of our history is a fork in the road that we had better choose wisely.

This next president will appoint several Supreme Court justices.

That alone should be enough to make everyone sit up and take notice.

If HRC is allowed to stack that Supreme Court, the country is gone.

It is that serious. There is no turning back, none.

We will not have the luxury to say, we can hang for another 4 years.

The communist planks are all in place…

...that ball is at the finish line and just needs that last punt over the goal posts and it is game over.

That one issue will have ramifications for decades.

Your children and grandkids will experience the full weight of that one issue alone.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fire causes damage to historic Pippen home

This was originally the carriage house and is behind my great grandfather's main house, the William Mayo Pippen House below.

William Mayo Pippen House

The Daily Southerner


A fire caused extensive damage to a historic home early Wednesday morning.

The Tarboro Fire Department responded to the Pippen House circa. 1870-1930 in the 900 block of St. Andrews Street around 6:35 a.m. Wednesday morning.

The owners of the house, Steve and Shari Redhage were home when the fire started.

Steve said he was alerted to the fire by an alarm. When the alarm was triggered the first time, he said he reset it thinking that it was a false alarm. After going through that routine about three times, he checked the back side of the house and spotted fire coming from the room that housed the hot water heater he said.

After realizing the danger, he notified his wife and son and they escaped without injuries.

"When I told my wife what was going on we got out," Steve said. "But she told me to get all the children portraits. I did.

We lost a lot of stuff but that is just stuff. It can be replaced. I'm glad that we got out safe."

Tarboro Fire Chief Billy Whitakers confirmed that the fire was likely started by the hot water heater. He said that his department had the blaze under controll within one hour. Smoke damage and water from the fire department also contributed to the damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment