Friday, June 29, 2012

Raleigh: What’s So Bad About Discrimination?

Amen.

Let’s be clear: No one has a right to enter Chriscoe’s business in the first place. If he asks you to leave, then leave. Whether it’s because you’re black, because you’re wearing stupid sandals, or for no reason at all, what the owner says goes.

What’s So Bad About Discrimination?

About two months ago I mentioned my disappointment that Raleigh, NC lacked Southern culture, only to be informed in the comment section that true sweet-tea-drinking Southerners don’t even consider the city to be part of the South. The longer I stay in this godforsaken place the better I understand why real Southerners share the sentiment.

Last week I couldn’t take a single step without hearing a television pundit cry about rampant racism in North Carolina. One would almost assume the Black Panthers and Aryan Brotherhood were fighting in the streets immediately outside the UNC campus. Turns out the only thing that happened is that businessman Todd Chriscoe didn’t let a black guy eat at his sports bar, a phenomenon I refer to as “private property, get over it.”

More @ Taki's

No comments:

Post a Comment