Wednesday, June 13, 2012

VT Resident Shoots 2 of 3 Violent Home Invaders – Both in Intensive Care

Via Guns Save Lives



"I know they don't leave their door open like that late at night," Christine Cusson.

Cusson watched as police swarmed her neighbors' home early Tuesday morning. She lives on River Street in Winooski with her young son. But a violent home invasion has her second guessing their safety.

"It's pretty hard," she said. "It's scary."

Police say at 1 a.m. Tuesday the tenants in an apartment heard a banging at the door. The male resident told police the woman standing outside was a stranger. She was looking for another man who occasionally stayed with the Winooski couple. Police say when the tenant tried to turn her away; two other men appeared in the doorway.

"One kind of pushed the door open, punched the male resident in the face, knocking him back and then tried to make their way in. And at that point the male resident who was armed with a .38 revolver fired one shot at the intruder," Winooski Police Chief Steve McQueen said.

Police say that was Trinelle Cox, 25. He was with Angel Concepcion, 24. Both men are from New York City.

Police say the tenant then shot Concepcion as he tried to kick down the door.

More @ WCAX

2 comments:

  1. When I was an Ensign in flight school, I also received a 1 am knock on my apartment door. When I looked through the peep hole, I saw a woman who said she needed help and looked somewhat sincere. I opened the door, pointed my .38 at her and asked, "May I help you?" As I did so, I noticed two large men pinned up against the wall on either side of the door outside the peep hole view field. They all saw my gun pointed at them. She replied, "I think we have the wrong apartment." I replied, "I think you do." I always wondered what would have happened if my .38 hadn't made the initial introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered what would have happened if my .38 hadn't made the initial introduction.

    Good story.

    ReplyDelete