Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Rolling Stones 1975 Photo Shoot At The Alamo In San Antonio, Texas

Via Southern Nationalist Network

Back in 1975 one of the most popular rock n’ roll bands of all time, the Rolling Stones, did a photo shoot at the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas to promote a tour they were about to begin. One of the band members donned a coonskin hat (apparently in honour of Davy Crockett who was killed in battle at the Alamo). Another held a Texas flag. And legendary guitarist Keith Richards held a Confederate flag. Can you imagine the biggest rock band of our politically-correct age using Southern symbols like this in a photo shoot?

The Rolling Stones 1975 The Alamo San Antonio Texas Union Jack Flags
Mick Jagger has the British Union Jack draped around him while Ronnie Wood holds the Texas state flag and Keith Richards displays the Confederate flag.

More @ Feel Numb

10 comments:

  1. I love me some Stones. I currently have 40 Stones cuts in heavy rotation on my ipod, and 18 Keef Richards solo tunes.

    The Stones never gave two craps about who they offended back in their heyday.

    They definitely lived the rock n roll attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some Alamo. Been there once, would go back again in a heartbeat.

    Miss Violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been there unfortunately.

      Delete
    2. If you ever get the chance, you should go. I love haunting old battlefields. Next on the list is the Little Big Horn. You'd think I'd have been there by now, living in WYO for 18 years, but nope, not yet. I've been to the Ft Phil Kearny battlefield on the Big Horns, not much left of that one, but it's still interesting.

      Miss Violet

      Delete
  3. They definitely lived the rock n roll attitude.

    Yup, I Can't Get No Satisfaction was my favorite. '65 as I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw the Stones at Altamont.

    40 feet from the stage.

    Bob
    III

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was, 500,000 people there, all stoned on one thing or another.

    Bob
    III

    ReplyDelete