Friday, August 24, 2012

General G.C. Marshall awards medal to 1st Lt. Ian Moore in 1944

1944_Ian_Moore_N_Gen_<span class=

Enlarged

A Greenbrier Military School graduate and son of Colonel Moore of the school's administration. He was a fighter pilot and killed afterwards. Evidently no time to change into a non-sweat/dirt stained uniform. I assume his unit's patch was blanked out due to security. This must have been before December 16 as Marshall was made a 5 star then and for some strange reason, I cannot bring up this award date as I have done previously. Also, as I remember, this was a Silver Star, but no record also and I can't for the life of me believe that a 4 star would present anything less than a Silver Star. Whatever, Moore saw his duty and did it until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment