Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lt. Col. Lakin, I salute you!

Terrence Lakin, Greg Lakin

Freedom Outpost

VERBATIM POST

Lt. Col. Terry Lakin is the author of Officer’s Oath: Why my Vow to Defend the Constitution Demanded that I Sacrifice my Career, a tell all first hand account of his faith and patriotism which ended up resulting in a court-martial, imprisonment and the stripping of all military rank and privileges, including his Army pension all because he challenged Barack Obama’s eligibility. In reading this one has to ask the question, why would Barack Obama allow a fine military man like this to go to jail, when he could have simply provided the documentation and that soldier would have done his duty.

Lakin refused to obey deployment orders, arguing that Obama had not documented his eligibility for the presidency under Article 2, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution.

“What I do not understand and still don’t,” he writes, “is why Obama did not just come forward with his key documents and be done with it. Instead, he ordered all of his important records to be kept under seal.”

He also pointed out that the documents released by the White House were digital scans and not official documents that would be acceptable as evidence in a court proceeding.

“So tell me: Who has something to hide?” Lakin asks. “It would seem to be President Obama, and sooner or later the voters of this country are going to make it clear that his stonewalling cannot continue.”

WND reports,

Lakin has explained that he was compelled by his officer’s oath to uphold and defend the Constitution when he was ordered to deploy to Afghanistan. Along with questions about the authenticity of the Obama birth documents, some constitutional scholars argue Obama is not a natural born citizen because his father was not an American citizen.

Ironically, Lakin’s deployment orders required him to bring five copies of his birth certificate.

“I had read the orders several times and had glossed over a detail that had previously seemed routine, but this time I felt like Wile E. Coyote getting smacked by an anvil,” he writes. “I needed a birth certificate to deploy, but the president did not need one to order my deployment. This was nuts.”

Lakin’s day of decision was April 12, 2010.

Though he was ready to be deployed, even taking a photo of himself at the Pentagon with his bags, should Obama validate his eligibility, Lakin could not bring himself to follow the orders without validation.

Thus he was court-martialed. He writes of the event of being there in the court-martial as he stared at the portraits of men who have gone before him:

As fate would have it, these were portraits of various Founding Fathers, and I wondered what they would be thinking. I strongly suspected they would be seeking the truth, about Obama’s citizenship status, about his Connecticut Social Security number (there is no reason why Obama would have a Connecticut number), about the multitude of unanswered questions surrounding this man. Here, however, to emphasize the real issues would likely have resulted in a reprimand from the judge and a harsher sentence from the jury. How, I wondered, had our country descended to this level of apathy?

Some will laugh and mock him for trying to take a stand and say he should have just followed orders. Yet many of those same people would berate soldiers of Nazi Germany for obeying orders. One must do what is right without and not violate their conscience. Martin Luther is one that comes to mind in this regard as he stood at the Diet of Worms upon his belief that faith alone in Jesus Christ alone is what justified sinners before God and declared:

“I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen.”

Jack Cashill writes of his arrival at Ft. Leavenworth’s Joint Regional Correctional Facility:

Now, Lakin was on his way to Fort Leavenworth’s Joint Regional Correctional Facility. Of all his hardship deployments, Bosnia included, this would be the hardest. After he bid a tearful farewell to his wife and three young children, his military minders chained his hands together and attached those chains to a band around his waist. They chained his legs and attached those, too. They then loaded him into a van and drove him to Reagan National.

There, Lakin endured his ultimate humiliation: a seemingly endless perp walk — a shuffle really — through a concourse filled with flags and patriotic bunting and the happy sight of returning soldiers. None of the display had lost its appeal, but Lakin could not overlook the irony of his being chained and bound amidst it all.

The civilian psychologist who did intake assessments at Fort Leavenworth claimed to know why the soft-spoken doctor refused deployment, or at least he thought he did. As he put it, Lakin did not believe Obama to have been born in the United States or to be constitutionally eligible to be president.

Lakin corrected him. As he explained, he did not know where the president was born or whether the president was eligible. The problem was that no one did. As Lakin saw it, the oath that he took as an officer in the U.S. Army — “I, Terrence Lee Lakin, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic” — all but dictated that he seek the truth.

Lakin, ironically was bound and incarcerated all for seeking the truth remembering his oath, “I, Terrence Lee Lakin, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.”

May there be others in position of leadership that will count the cost and stand up as Lt. Col. Terry Lakin did.

Lt. Col. Lakin, I salute you!

15 comments:

  1. A Man of Worth.

    Miss Violet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done !. I guess this also mean`s he won`t get the Obama medal of " Courageous restraint "!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope.

    why would Barack Obama allow a fine military man like this to go to jail, when he could have simply provided the documentation and that soldier would have done his duty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most likely because such documentation does not exist. Also ( and this is the attitude of those we face ) the globalist " step-n-fetchit " Henry Kissinger said that " military men are dumb animal`s to be used to do our bidding ". Surely the great Obama , master of all he survey`s would feel no need to prove anything to one he and HIS ! master`s would consider " an acceptable loss ".

      Delete
    2. such documentation does not exist.

      Not a solitary doubt in my mind, Sir.

      Delete
  4. In December of 1956 I took the "protect and defend the Constitution" oath in Pulaski, VA. For the next eight years I was a member of the Army Reserve but spent only a few months on active duty. From 1955 to 1989, I worked every day for the U.S. Army. I no longer respect it. It has reverted to the Army that slaughtered the freezing Lakota women and children at Wounded Knee, SD, in 1890. I speak for my soldier father and soldier grandfather in expressing my shame. I'm one of the TEA Party rabble that the Army is teaching its troops how to shoot down in the streets. At 79 years of age I have never waivered in my defense of the Constitution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOD Bless you sir, and thank you for a lifetime of unwavering service to our Constitutional Republic. It grieve`s me to my very soul to say that I myself lost respect for some in the " Gucci Army " when I was told of thing`s that had been done to the lowly Haji`s for amusement. We have in this country today a crisis of morality : a man who does`nt stand for something will fall for anything.

      Delete
  5. I thought someone would challenge me on "obey the orders of the president." When I took the oath, the president was my father,s Supreme Commander, Dwight David Eisenhower, whom I would have followed anywhere. I gradually weakened on that part of the oath and abandoned it when Lyndon Johnson took office, although Nixon and Reagan surely qualified and I would have obeyed Jimmy Carter even if I didn't vote for him, and I will obey the orders of no president who has not served in uniform. Well, duh. Where shall we get one of those again? I'll take Ron Paul, who served and will probably write him in rather than vote for Gary Johnson, who I really like.

    I didn't vote for G.H.W. Bush because I thought that he not only knew of Iran-Contra but ran it. I can't vote for anyone I deem to be lying to me. To my eternal shame I voted for his son twice.

    I think the four candidates should undergo basic training and one tour of duty in Af-Pak to quality to run for highest office.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They should at least have an honorable discharge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am often told that I'm a boring old man. Nonetheless, I just watched Starship Troopers for the umpteenth time. I think it the greatest Sci-Fi movie ever made. Anything by R. Heinline is sacred to me. In the movie the only path to citizenship is military service. That would get my vote. I think the movie takes place in the 24th century. Maybe we'll get to it by then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What many miss about the oath is that the enlisted oath DOES mention the bit about "...obey the orders..." but also says "...in accordance with the UCMJ..."

    The UCMJ makes quite clear the responsibility to refuse unlawful orders under damn near any circumstance.

    As to voting, I wonder how you'd judge someone like me: Signed up for "Delayed Entry Program", due to be inducted 4/1/84.

    3/29/84 friends threw me a "going away" party - when I was walking home at ~2:30 AM a drunk driver jumped the curb, hit my left leg and I ricocheted into a telephone-pole.

    After 5.5 months in the hospital, and over a year after the accident, Uncle said "thanks but no-thanks" and I was on my own.

    Much later, while doing some work for the VA, a coworker looked me up and told me I was eligible for benefits - apparently since I'd already raised my hand, and over a year passed between my induction date and my final "release" they consider me a "veteran" for benefit purposes.

    Don't get me wrong - I don't claim to be a Vet, and I'd starve before I took one penny from the VA. No way in hell I'd ever take something I didn't earn, and despite what the "rules" may say, I didn't earn anything.

    Still - under Heinlein's rules, should I be allowed to vote?

    ReplyDelete
  9. should I be allowed to vote?

    I was only referring to being President.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think "serve" and "vet" are identities. I was in Army Reserve for eight years but I'm not a vet. Active duty in wartime makes vets.

    I'm with Brock.

    ReplyDelete