Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mother Claims Walmart Clerk Refused to Sell Her a Shotgun Because She’s a ‘Petite Young Woman’

Via Sedition

Walmart Employee Allegedly Refuses to Sell Prayse Dangler a Gun Because It Is Too Big

Is there such a thing as “too much” gun for a woman? That’s what one Walmart employee in Clarksville, IN, implied when he “firmly refused” to sell a Mossberg 930 to petite Prayse Dangler, she claims.

Not only that, but primarily based on her size, the employee allegedly threatened to call the FBI and asserted that she was really buying the gun for someone else.

Dangler explained what happened on her Facebook page (via the Firearm Blog):

“Yesterday at Walmart I tried to buy a shotgun to keep at the house with me when Brad is gone. We live in the heart of downtown New Albany where there is a lot of foot traffic, and we believe that me having a reliable way to protect myself and our baby when Brad isn’t here is just a responsible thing to do.

Here’s the kicker though. The man behind the counter looked at me in disbelief when I pointed out the beefy Mossberg 930 Tactical weaponThe man then proceeded to interrogate me about what I wanted it for and how it would be used. He said that I didn’t hold it right and that I needed “something else better suited to you”. He put it back in the case and firmly refused to sell it. – All because I am a petite young woman!

He threatened me with the FBI and accused me of purchasing the gun for “someone else” – namely my husband who was with me. My husband informed him that IF he was the one that would be primarily using the gun then he would have bought it himself… [Emphasis added]

More @ The Blaze

2 comments:

  1. Too bad we don't have the clerks name. It would have to go on my list. ;) Busybody statist.

    Miss Violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to hear more about the story. Sounds strange to me.

      Delete