Sunday, September 9, 2012

Romney: I'll Keep Parts of Obamacare

Gee, we're all so surprised..........


Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who has called for scrapping President Barack Obama's 2010 U.S. healthcare law, said in remarks aired on Sunday that he likes key parts of "Obamacare" despite his party's loathing of it and wants to retain them.

Romney, who faces Obama in the Nov. 6 election, has vowed throughout the campaign to repeal and replace the Obama healthcare law. But asked about the Obama healthcare law on NBC's "Meet the Press" program, Romney said, "Well, I'm not getting rid of all of healthcare reform."

"Of course, there are a number of things that I like in healthcare reform that I'm going to put in place," Romney added. "One is to make sure that those with pre-existing conditions can get coverage. Two is to assure that the marketplace allows for individuals to have policies that cover their family up to whatever age they might like."

The Obama healthcare law, among other provisions, prevents insurance companies from denying medical coverage to people who already are suffering from a medical condition. It also allows parents to keep their young-adult children on their health insurance plans until age 26.

More @ Newsmax

7 comments:

  1. Up next, "the Assault weapons ban has parts I would like to keep"...

    Thug. Liar. Thief.

    What a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the Assault weapons ban has parts I would like to keep"...

    Damn, though I wouldn't be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Republican Establishment sells us down the drain again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Com'on.... we're not really surprised are we?
    And as I understand Romney, having a small caliber "squirrel gun" is fine..... but everything else should be up for debate. I'm sure the UN people are already talking with his people about the small arms "treaty" if he is elected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sent this to a Republican friend of old this morning and said, "The Republican party has again betrayed you. Romney is as far from Reagan as could be found. He is Super RINO"" I once took the "How to win friends and influence people" course in Salt Lake City. Seems I violate it daily. Heh.

    ReplyDelete