Thursday, October 11, 2012

An Open Letter from Bear

Via Bonnie Gadsden

An open letter to all who have posted comments concerning our recent bout with the police state...

Words cannot convey what Marcela and I have experienced, reading what Will wrote concerning our current circumstances and the following comments, Love & support that it has so far, produced...
As we have read the article and the following comments, both on Will's blog and Bonnie Gadsden's blog we have laughed and we have cried. Our hearts have filled with a sense of brotherhood and Love. Our egos got filled with indignation and guffawed at some of what was said. With an immediate follow-on thought of understanding that everyone is entitled to their opinion and the freedom to say it. Even if we disagree with it.

Speaking of which, I want to get this out of the way now, so I can get on with what else I would like to express...

To the person who thinks I'm a malingerer-in-waiting, in my claim that my back is ruined because of what happened... When I read your words, I laughed. I laughed because, the quote by Albert Einstein rings true, in my life once again... “Condemnation without investigation, is the height of ignorance...” And to be my honest self, I also laughed at your ignorance. I mean, really? How on earth does one make a condemning, detailed diagnosis of a back injury, without having first investigated said injury? Then, I continued laughing, as I had a visualization of you struggling to stand up with your hands cuffed behind your back. Then throwing in the high stress levels created by being totally confused as to why the hell you're even in handcuffs and there are several assault weapons aimed at your head with fingers on the triggers and the men holding said guns, are yelling at you... While you're getting up, holding your burning shoulders back as far as you can due to the searing pain caused by the bicep muscle in your right arm having been torn during the cuffing process, one of your feet slip out from under you and you fall, unrestricted, flat on your ass. IF you knew me, which you do not, you would know that I am not a mean person by any means, but I do admit that I had a good chuckle, envisioning you in that scenario... Then, I stopped chuckling, because it did happen to me, so I know what you'd really feel like. Like someone else said, you're either a provocateur or an idiot and you should go back into your hole...

To the sheriff's deputy... You, too, deserve the Einstein Ignorance award... You said that I know all of the deputies that were assaulting my wife and I? Really? And just how would you know this? And why would that be the case? I know who some of them are, but I don't know them personally. And even then, if I did know them, so what? If anything, if they did know me, this would never have occurred, because they would have known that I am not someone they need to come out to confront, with guns loaded and in the fire position...

Then you say that I could see them coming? Hmmm... Well. You're wrong. I actually have a very limited field-of-view, from where I normally sit and begin my day.

I am very interested as to how you seem to know me so well. And how you seem to know so much about this case. I could be wrong on this part. I know that one of the tactics used by officers is to act as if they are totally aware of things, when they're not, hoping people will talk about things you'd not known before... To act like you don't know something shows weakness and those such as cops and others in positions of authority don't like showing weakness... So yes, I could be wrong on this point. But I frankly doubt it.

Moving on to other points you make... You make your statements about how you think things went down, and I shake my head. I know that you're coming from a place of those assaulting my house. Fine. Now look at it from my pov...

I'm sitting at my spot in the front room, at the computer, sipping my first cup of coffee, checking my email and talking with my wife. We are talking about the things we are planning to do that day. She's in the kitchen preparing our breakfast. I am in a semi-grumpy mood due to too little sleep the past two nights due to a slightly pinched nerve on the left side of my neck. (You know, you turn your head too quickly and it pinches then burns? That kind.) By then, it was all but gone, but like I said, I was a little grumpy. About 20 minutes prior, I had only been downstairs for about a minute when Marcela comes into the kitchen in her own negative mood, from having to have chased some loose chickens, first off for the day... I yelled, “Can we please start the day without negativity? PLEASE?” She turned and looked at me and she apologized. Then I apologized too, because I knew I had just told her to not be negative, negatively... (silly, I know.) Then I went into the kitchen and we hugged. I poured a cup of coffee and went to sit down. Sans the first-off-yell, this is pretty much how our days used to start, everyday...

So, I'm sitting at my computer and I hear cars go by on the dirt road that runs along our front yard, and at a high rate of speed. I sensed three cars. I leaned over to look, to no avail as they had already passed. I can't see very much out our front window on the door. The blinds to the other windows are usually always shut as they were then. A few seconds later, a couple of more cars go by, fast... I called out to Marcela, that someone is sure moving fast on the road... I then got up to look out the south window toward our crop area, from the kitchen and I saw an unmarked car moving fast up the road, away from my house, toward a neighbor's. I said to Marcela, “I wonder what's going on up there?”. I walked back to my spot and took a sip of coffee. I wasn't involved. If it was bad enough, my neighbor, ProLife would tell me later. I went on with waking up, to get my day going, going out to my field, fertilizing & weeding, irrigating..

From my pov, I haven't “done anything wrong”... I am not expecting the cops. I'm not even thinking of cops. I'm thinking of how many weeds I will be pulling. I'm thinking of how much fertilizing I need to do... Then, Marcela, looking out the window herself, says to me, “Bear, there's guys in a silver truck driving off the road by our corn.”... I leaned back and thought, wtf? I then leaned down to pull on my boots and as I'm doing so, I say, “hold on, I'll go check.” and she says that she'll go out now and heads toward the west, or side door and out of my sight... As I'm grabbing my second boot I hear her yell, “Bear! Men with guns!”

My mind, is still foggy. I haven't had a full cup of joe yet. All I can think is, “WTF?”, but I yell, “get back in here!”, I get my boot on and I head towards the door. As I'm moving that way, I'm putting two and two together, that I had just seen an unmarked car. I had just heard several cars drive past my house and now Marcela is yelling that there are men with guns. This all happens in my head in a flash and still all I can think is, WTF? As I round the corner, I see a cop with an assault rifle aimed at my head. I can see his finger is on the trigger. I have just heard him use my name. I do not know him, but I have seen him at the courthouse. I pray that I don't get shot. I don't know what others would do, but I start asking what the problem is, wondering where my wife is, and really just wondering what is going on.

Please keep in mind, that what had happened 25 minutes prior with my wife, is not a part of my thinking. It wasn't even an argument, much less a fight.

I get outside and now I see three assault rifles and pistols aimed at me and everyone seems pretty darned upset, at me in particular...

To those who speak of brave & daring moves that would be made at this point... Ummm... No. Wasn't gonna be happening here. No way. None of my Mom's stupid kids, lived.

I knew I had done nothing wrong. I don't have a criminal mind. I believe in freedom. I believe the organic Constitution is a document written to guarantee and uphold the rights endowed to us by our Creator... I believe in growing & processing whole, healthy organic foods. I believe that in helping others I help myself, so I help others as often as possible. This is because we all have the same Creator... I believe that my wife, Marcela & I, were wronged to the Nth degree. I believe that it can happen to anyone, at anytime, as well, and are starting to find out that, indeed, it does.

We were bothering no one. We were living our lives in relative peace, that is other than a couple of nosy, selfish, mean people that really were/are more like gnats to me... Pesky but self-imposed short boring life-spans... In a figurative way, they're going to get a swat themselves... *grins* (Legal recourse is being pursued.)

At this point, I just want to stay alive. I don't want there to be an 'accident'. I want to know what the hell is going on and all I'm getting is bullshit. I'm witnessing a bunch of power hungry men, who have obviously made a huge mistake, who take the authority position granted to them by the People, a wee bit far, imho...

Finally, after falling down and all that fun stuff, I begin getting the gist of what they're doing at my house. They are telling me that I beat my wife. Not asking. Telling.

I look Perecz in the eye and I tell him that I Love my wife very much and that he's insane. He tells me, “Bear, all men that beat their wives, tell us they Love them.” After my jaw hit the ground I said, “so you're telling me that I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't?” He shrugged his shoulders and raised his eyebrows as if to say, “well?”... I shook my head and said, “this is insane! Look at my wife (as I gestured towards her)! Does that look like a battered woman to you?

Now, here's where he tried to entrap me... It was pathetic, really. He goes over to Marcela and the cop with her. He then comes back to me and says, “Bear, why are Marcela's knuckles all scraped up?” At this point, I was beyond incredulous. I said, “I don't know what the hell you're talking about.” So he goes and gets Marcela and brings her over to where I am sitting and has her hold her hands out. On her left ring finger is a superficial scratch that is approximately, 1/16th of an inch long. I kid you not. I look up at him and I laughed. “You've got to be kidding me.” Marcela is beside herself and heatedly repeats what she had said to the first cop: “You have to be kidding!We live on a farm! It's physical work and you gets cuts and bruises all the time, and I already told you I had chased chickens this morning and got that scratch on some chicken wire!” He shakes his head and walks away.

Are you getting the picture, deputy? Can you see how you made an out-of-hand statement that is patently not true? If you can't, I'm sure others can...

I truly hope people will begin investigating before condemning...

Reviewing the redacted video taken from the pov of one of the deputies and listening to the redacted dispatch conversations, has helped me to recall a lot of different things that happened during the raid. I know that some like the deputy say it wasn't a raid, but come on. They were all wearing tactical vests, carrying assault weapons that were in the fire position, swarming around my place coming to, in their minds, hunt some bear... Namely, me. Namely, because they know that I will stand up for my rights. Standing up for my rights is not, in any way, shape or form, saying that I am violent or aggressive towards cops, or anyone for that matter...

Somehow, someway, things have become so convoluted that I am considered an enemy of the state, for defending the rights guaranteed by the Constitution. So much so, that the deputies decided before coming to my house, that I was going to “be aggressive” toward them. And the ironic thing is? They have created what they irrationally feared. I am going to be aggressive toward all of them. I am going to go after all of them in a very aggressive, legal manner. In fact you could say that we are going to pursue this, legally, with a vengeance.

All of this. All of what we're all facing with this semi-communist/semi-fascist regime that spews so much double-speak that I feel like I'm living in the 1984 movie, is nothing but a created way to employ a lot of otherwise un-employable people and subjugate the rest of the masses into an even more draconian slavery than it is at present. People like those that read these blogs and believe in personal sovereignty... People like us, are a threat to their bottom line. That's all, really. We threaten their livelihoods. Their 401k's. Their savings. Their vacations. Their nice houses and nice cars... All monies that have been sucked out of the populace. They feed off the public tit and they're creating every way possible to fine, imprison and control those they are supposed to be serving... All for the bottom line.

So, that's where we're gonna hit them the hardest. Their bottom line. It's the only way to make them listen, at present...

We really didn't ask for this. This all happened due to some nosy neighbors, fueled by some over-zealous cops that are going to learn that they can't just get away with this police state bullshit. I'm so sick of labels... The cops call me a Constitutionalist and as I've said, I wear it proudly. But to be more accurate, I should be called a “Creatorist”. Not a creationist. A Creatorist... I believe we are part of the Creator. The Creator would never imprison ItSelf or take away its own freedom. I think the ones that think they can, don't know they're part of the Creator, as well... Which is fine. Until their beliefs, infringe upon mine. Upon Ours...

Look at how easily these small-minded people have upset and caused untold havoc in our once peaceful lives... They can, and probably will do it to many more, if we don't stop this insanity and stop it quickly.

We have lost our livelihood because of this bullshit. On top of all the things she did around the farm before this happened, Marcela has taken up the slack and is doing all of the things I once did, as best as she can, because I no longer can. But she couldn't bring in the entire harvest and we lost most of it...We're now to the point where we have to cull most of our chicken flock because we don't have the money to feed them. It's a vicious cycle we've been forced into.

I am NOT making any wild threats. I do not enjoy violence. I want to live in peace, freely. But it's not being made simple. There are those that don't like us being free and they're not some kind of ghostly mooslim terrrrrrissts. They're real terrorists and they get paid from our taxes. Think on that.

I want to state publicly, that I do not hold any personal grudges against any of those involved, but I am going to seek that you cannot and will not do this to people any more.
Nor, have I ever shown any aggression towards ANY of the law enforcement officers (corporate policy officers) in this, or any other county, anywhere...

My back is now against the wall. I can be pushed no farther... I had a long talk with Marcela last night about all of this and what we're facing... I told her this... “I am going to die someday. We all do. We can't get off of this planet any other way. I wanted to die quietly, in my sleep, if possible but right now it's looking like that's not going to happen. So, when I die, it will be defending our Creator-given unalienable rights, more'n likely...” She looked me in my eyes and told me she is by my side until we leave this planet... She is all I need...

We thank you all, so very much for your support... Will, you are a champion and I consider you a new-found brother-in-arms and friend that I can trust... What you wrote, to get the story of our plight out to the world, is not something we asked for, but are eternally grateful it was you who did so... Mere words cannot express...

Bonnie Gadsden... I am so glad that circumstances have led our paths to join... You have vision & drive and your desire to help Marcela & me in this time of need will always be remembered, long after we have shed our shackles... I look forward to meeting you and moving forward with the dreams we all have of living our lives free of tyranny... I also want to thank you for recommending we put up a donation button to help offset the coming court costs. We hadn't thought of that, to be honest... And we're more than grateful, for the kind donation you have made.

I hope that I have been able to show everyone what has happened to us, our lives changed drastically for the worse, literally in a blink of an eye... I hope that you know it can happen to any of you. To any of us...

I have long thought of that poem written after WW2 about how they came for the... (name your oppressed) until they came for the writer of the poem and there was no one left to speak up for him...
I have waited too long and now, I am speaking up...

While I'm remembering, I would like to say to the few that have made comments about lynching, violence or some other form of insanity, you are either a provocateur, an idiot or both. You need to stop doing so, now, and get some balance, get a life, if at all possible...

To the people who have left comments that they're shocked that this happened in Idaho, I would like to say this... Yes, there have been a few bad apples. Both in the government and citizenry... as there are, everywhere else. But far and away, the rest of the people around us are kind, compassionate, caring & friendly people, most of whom would be labeled Constitutionalists... (Meaning, they believe the Constitution is there to protect their freedoms.) So, if you were considering moving to Idaho, please don't let this experience sway you. If anything, we'd like to have more Constitution Loving people living up here with us!

To all of the AWESOME people that have left such incredibly cool posts, we thank you from our hearts...

Everyone who has left kind comments and to all our friends, we want you to know that you have made this all more (forgive the pun) bearable, than it would've been going this alone... You've given us hope in Humanity... The outpouring of kindness from our true friends has been a whelming & wonderful experience that is greatly helping us through this fight we're ready to fight... You all know who you are and I want you to know that Marcela & I Love you very much...

As for you, Pro-Life? I'm recommending you for sainthood... You and your family have been a rock for us. We could never have asked for better, more awesome people to live next to... In our opinion, you're the greatest... You will forever have our vote...

Remember...

There are far more of us, than there are of them... Please consider this fact...

Peace Out...

Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment