Friday, November 30, 2012

Gov’t Gives PA Restaurant a Choice: Give 10% Sunday Church Bulletin Discount to Atheists Too or Discontinue it Entirely

Via Don

 Prudhomme Lost Cajun Kitchen Must Offer Church Discount to Atheists

Do you recall the furor surrounding Prudhomme’s Lost Cajun Kitchen, a Pennsylvania-based restaurant, this past summer? The establishment has been offering a 10 percent discount for individuals who bring in a church bulletin on Sundays. Citing this action as discriminatory, John Wolff, a local atheist, filed a complaint with the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission (PHRC). Now, the restaurant will be forced to offer discounts to any individual who brings in a pamphlet involving religious faith — including atheism.

To continue offering its discount, Prudhomme’s Lost Cajun Kitchen must now honor literature that comes from any religious institution, The Christian Post reports. This includes secular bulletins from the Freedom From Religion Foundation, an atheist activist non-profit, and faith-based documents pertaining to Judaism, Islam and other religions on Sundays.

More @ The Blaze

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't do it. i would continue to offer my discount as I see fit and let them do what they please. I say this as a business owner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be interesting to see what the maximum fine/penalty could be. I imagine they can fine you so much a day ad infinitum and if so, would put you out of business,

      Delete
    2. I'd do it for spite! I'm a petty person, cutting off my nose, as it were.

      Delete