In the wake of the Dec. 14 gun massacre of school children and staff members at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, I came up with a few reasonable proposals for gun regulations.
1) Preserve the 2nd Amendment.
2) Each household will be allowed to possess a maximum of one weapon per adult for home protection.
3) All weapons to be sold out of government run retailers, like ABC stores in North Carolina, which are the only legal outlet for liquor.
4) Each household will be allowed the limited amount of ammunition necessary for practice, etc. Ammunition will also be sold by government- run retailers.
5) All purchases will be tracked by computer.
6) Privately run gun ranges for practice and sport shooting will be allowed. They will be able to sell ammunition for use on site.
7) Additional ownership of hunting guns will be allowed, which must be single-shot only (good enough for Dan’l Boone, it’s good enough for you).
8) Possession of guns/ammunition over the limit will be penalized.