Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Obama pick: Doctors should grill you on guns

 

A Senate confirmation showdown is looming for President Obama’s choice to be U.S. surgeon general, largely as a result of the nominee’s ardent gun-control advocacy.

Thirty-seven-year-old Dr. Vivek Hallegere Murthy is lauded for his leadership abilities and for his ability to promote healthy lifestyles in a dynamic manner. He is also the co-founder of Doctors for America, an organization that advocates gun control and urges physicians to ask detailed questions of their patients about gun ownership and usage.

Gun Owners of America Executive Director Larry Pratt says that alone ought to disqualify Dr. Murthy.

 “His urging that particular policy shows that he does not understand medical ethics. That is a question so far outside of anything to do with medicine. It shows that he is a willing tool of the state, even as German doctors and Soviet doctors would send to the regime information about the people that were in their care. This is an extremely alarming attitude. This guy clearly looks at himself as a government functionary before he considers anything about medicine,” Pratt said.

More @ WND

7 comments:

  1. ...tool being the key word.

    Miss Violet

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dr and I have already discussed this. When I sold him his last C/C pistol he said he'd quit private practice if it ever came down to him being forced to out his patients that are gun owners. Ironically, he's also a native of Black Sea Coasted Georgia, the country, not the US State. He totally gets it. He left from over there because of bullshit like this and that whole Russian invasion thing...Ha! I'll note that the VA in Houston has tried to send me for psych evals when my service connected rate has nothing to do with my mind. I've asked them what's up with the increase in them scheduling me for those appointments and have yet to get an answer besides "we feel that every veteran that served under national defense and combat periods should have at least one whether they need it or not." Oh yeah? You'd like to label me with some bullshit hitch in my giddy up for life and then possibly turn around after a diagnosis and tell me I can't own firearms anymore? Nah, I'll pass on them odds. I know exactly where this shit is headed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing here uncalled for from the VA. When I go in for my routine checkups, the doctor says nothing about the two knives under my shirt.

      Delete
  3. Fortunately my visits to a doctor are few and far between but I've decided if I get asked that question I'll reply "Is your wife good in bed". When he screams that's none of your business I'll say.....EXACTLY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you get asked about guns respond : " No I don't suck dick." if he fires you as a provider fuck it. I got a letter about having non-service connected disability from the VA- I never responded. It's about mental screening to deny gun purchases or ownership. I won't at their games.

    ReplyDelete