Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Ocracoke+

Yum.

Take me out to the..........

Ocracoke.

I doubt they'd consider robbing this one.

I'm not familiar with the flowers.....

Some great sayings at the surf shop.

Oh, to be young and not gain an ounce :)

Descended from Spanish Mustangs.

I love topless ones also. :)  My Uncle Charlie did and probably led to his early demise.

Ice cream shop.  Banana is one of their top sellers, but I haven't been able to find it since my youth in Marshall, Virginia where I could eat a half gallon and a package of Oreos at a sitting. :)

Couple of outside, fun restaurants on the water.




I was very tempted, but decided not to since if something went wrong, it would be all over. I really miss lap swimming and Scuba/free diving.

The Kappa Alpha Order UNC Charlotte "Magnolia".


I think we would get along charmingly :)


This was one restaurant's "slaw" and although unusual, was excellent.

The annual Fig Cake Bake-Off .

This boy had a "machine gun with sniper scope" pointing it all around and nobody called the police.  You can just imagine the uproar in a liberal area. :)

Ocracoke's special square dancing.  A good time was had by all until after dark.

The best deal going.  A 2 1/2 hour ferry ride to Cedar Island for $15.

8 comments:

  1. Great shots. Haven't been there since '76....

    ca
    wrsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wife is a doll! Looks like she's made of porcelain. *peels jaw off floor*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I'm just a tad older. :) That is my fifth daughter and thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to go to Ocracoke before Spring, before the crowds, every year. The beach
    was all mine and pretty much every thing else. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly. We haven't gone to the beach before, because although it is flatter than Emerald Isle, we prefer the latter for a number of reasons and we live 5 minutes away. We just love the little town and they are conservative! We stayed at the Harborside Motel and when I mentioned something about the government, the head lady said "I'm ready for a revolution and will be in the front, well at least with my mouth." :)

      Delete