Friday, February 27, 2015

Defense Secretary Carter: Transgender people shouldn’t be prevented from serving in the U.S. military..........

Via Carl


..........solely based on their gender identity, noting it should not “preclude” them from service.
Carter made the comments at a town-hall event in Kandahar, Afghanistan, in response to a question from Navy Lt. Cmdr. Jesse M. Ehrenfeld, a doctor, about transgender soldiers serving in an “austere environment” like the one in Kandahar.
We have to admit one thing.  This makes “women in combat” look pretty tame.
” (W)e want to make our conditions and experience of service as attractive as possible to our best people in our country. And I’m very open-minded about — otherwise about what their personal lives and proclivities are, provided they can do what we need them to do for us. That’s the important criteria,” Carter said. “I don’t think anything but their suitability for service should preclude them.”
Yeah right.  In order to get more women into combat arms billets the military has been forced to reduce the physical requirements for them.

2 comments:

  1. I retired on Feb. 28, 1989 after 33 years and 8 months service to the United States Army, both as a reservist and a contractor employee manufacturing a wide array of explosives and ammunition. I was quite proud of that service. Now--not so much.

    I miss my WW II Army Dad and Phillipine Campaign Army Grandfather but I'm glad they aren't seeing how our Army has been degraded. I'm embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm embarrassed.

      About that and virtually everything else. We should have been born earlier or died sooner. I've often said that I'm glad my mother died in 1990 as that was before the declaration of war against all things Confederate and although she would have fought back tooth and nail, it would have broken her heart.

      Delete