Monday, July 11, 2016

Lt. Gen. Flynn: Obama Fired Me for Pursuing Radical Islam

Via Billy

flynn1

Last week, the New York Post revealed that Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn was being considered by Donald Trump for a possible spot on the 2016 ticket. Flynn, a registered Democrat, was the former head of the Defense Intelligence Agency under President Obama. At first glance, this would make him an odd choice for Trump’s VP, but Flynn has been one of this administration’s harshest critics.

And when asked about joining the Trump campaign by the NY Post, he appeared open to the idea.

“All I would say is that I have been honored to serve my country for the past three decades and look forward to serving in other ways now that I am retired from the U.S. Army,” Flynn said. “I’ve been a soldier too long to refuse to entertain any request from a potential commander in chief.”

Flynn was relieved of his position in 2014. In an op-ed last week, he said that his determined pursuit of radical Islamic terrorists led to his dismissal.

“I asked the DNI (Gen. James Clapper) if my leadership of the agency was in question and he said it was not,” Flynn wrote. “Had it been, he said, they would have relieved me on the spot.

“I knew then that it had more to do with the stand I took on radical Islamism and the expansion of al Qaeda and its associated movements,” Flynn continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment