Saturday, September 3, 2016

Saigon 1974 & 1994

Beer and wonderful food for all! I taught a business course at the school of the gentleman to my right and ESL/Business English at another. It is the custom in Vietnam that men and women sit at separate tables with the men served first. 1994

*************** 

Brock, Tu Duc 1974, '52 Citroen, wig, shades, my stomach pushed out, and a funny looking cigarette. I had just gotten my car back from the paint shop.

******************************
http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-we-are-the-greatest-power-in-the-world-if-we-behave-like-it-walt-whitman-rostow-96-86-29.jpg

"Land two Marine Divisions in North Vietnam and keep them there with air and naval support until the Communists agree to abide by the 1973 Paris Peace Accords. The United States bears a very direct burden to aid embattled South Vietnam, because this nation had pressured the Saigon government to accept the peace agreement and promised aid."

Walt W. Rostow
Lyndon Johnson's
National Security Adviser
April 4, 1975

2 comments:

  1. Good luck and may God bless you on your trip to Viet Nam.

    How long will you be there?

    Do you plan to tour the entire country, including Hanoi?

    I reckon you're expecting to be reunited with old friends from years past.

    What a pleasant prospect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and 5 or 6 months, but I wouldn't go to Hanoi anymore than I would go to NYC! :)

      Delete