Friday, December 2, 2016

Black Friday: NICS Checks Break 2015 Record

 

Black Friday was a huge day for gun sales in America.  It typically is the biggest day of the year in terms of sales and this year was no exception, as the available figures indicate it was record-breaking.

The FBI processed 185,713 background checks via the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, which is approximately 400 more than the number processed in 2015 (another record-breaking year), according to information obtained by Business Insider.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't want to fight the crowds, so I picked up my new .44 magnum Ruger Super Blavkhawk two days earlier. Merry Christmas to me........





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Now you can shop for your New Year's present!

      Delete
    2. I'm thinking TriStar 16 ga O/U. Just need to figure out how to sneak it into the hous..........

      https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/37_1056/products_id/72141/TriStar+Hunter+OverUnder+16+Gauge+2.75%22+2+Capacity+28%22+Barr

      Delete
    3. Tell her you won it at the PATCON auction.......:) Don't want a 12 gauge with more capacity, I take it....?

      Delete
    4. Already have a Mossberg 935. I like kind of oddball things, and I grew up using a 16 ga Ithaca mod 37 that my dad bought for me when I was 14. Back in the eighties it was kind of hard to find different loads for it, so I bought a MEC Sizemaster to roll my own custom shells. I'd like to start shooting trap, so I thought that it would be cool to do it with a 16 ga O/U just to be different. There are companies now that make hulls and wads for it, so once I get the gun I'm good to go................

      Delete
    5. Good deal. I used to shoot trap in San Clemente and it overlooked the entrance to San Mateo.

      Delete