Monday, May 22, 2017

Home


Mary Fahl sang the beautiful song, “Going Home,” for the movie Gods and Generals. Such lyrics and tune that reached into my Southern psyche as to remind me of what the fight was all about.
They say there’s a place where dreams have all gone
They never said where but I think I know
It’s miles through the night just over the dawn
On the road that will take me home
I know in my bones, I’ve been here before
The ground feels the same though the land’s been torn
I’ve a long way to go the stars tell me so
On this road that will take me home
And when I pass by, don’t lead me astray
Don’t try to stop me, don’t stand in my way
I’m bound for the hills where cool waters flow
On this road that will take me home
I often treat books in a way I treat old, favorite, movies (picture shows) that I watch over and over, over the years, I reread them.

2 comments:

  1. Never get tired of that song. I told my wife that it is my wish for it to be played when I shuffle off from this mortal coil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That and Dixie.:) First a slow one and then a fast and happy one!

      Delete