Tuesday, October 17, 2017

“A Real Personage-And Not an Odd Name Merely…”

 

A Review of States Rights Gist: A South Carolina General of the Civil War, by Walter Brian Cisco, Shippensburg, PA: White Mane Publishing, 1991.

“So teach us to number our days that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.”-Psalm 90:12 (KJV)
Of all types of literature, I enjoy reading biographies.  As a man, I profit from biographies of men whose lives contain lessons and wisdom that I can apply to my own life.

I have greatly benefited from reading Walter Brian Cisco’s States Rights Gist: A South Carolina General of the Civil War. It has not only taught me more about my beloved South Carolina and those remarkable times that we who follow the Abbeville Institute are seeking to better understand, but it has introduced to a man in his forties a hero who lived to only thirty-three.

No comments:

Post a Comment