Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Lone Ranger

 
 I lived with my grandparents for a few years in Burlington, NC and we didn't have a radio, but every Saturday I walked down the street to my friend's house and we listened to the show at 6PM.  Would not have missed that for the world.:)

He Believed in The Ethics Of The Lone Ranger In His Personal Life!

More important than The Lone Ranger being Clayton Moore was the fact that
   

became 

"The Lone Ranger".

   September 14, 1914 - December 28, 1999


Early Years:

Born Jack Carlton Moore in Chicago, Illinois, Moore became a circus acrobat by age 8 and appeared at the Century of Progress exposition in Chicago in 1934 with a trapeze act. As a young man, Moore worked successfully as a John Robert Powers model. Moving to Hollywood in the late 1930s, he worked as a stunt man and bit player between modeling jobs.
According to his autobiography, around 1940 Hollywood producer Edward Small persuaded him to adopt the stage name "Clayton" Moore. He was an occasional player in B westerns and Republic Studio cliffhangers.

Moore served in the U.S. Army Air Forces during World War II and made training films (Target--Invisible, etc.) with the First Motion Picture Unit.

As The Lone Ranger:


********************************

Re-post

The funniest thing I've ever heard.:)


6 comments:

  1. Hilarious...never heard it called "herbaled up" though. It sounds way to green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Lone Ranger when I was a little girl. I used to watch him on the tv every afternoon after school.
    Miss Violet

    ReplyDelete
  3. John Reid
    I have been back at this diorama again this summer and have made some progress on Module 1, the old station at Cattle Corner as depicted in the opening scene of the movie.However I will be changing the storyline a little because upon doing a little research about my childhood hero ,the Lone Ranger, I discovered that we both have the same name JWReid.Not only that but our father's have the same initials too "W".I discovered this by watching a trailer from the new Lone Ranger Movie, when the Lone Ranger's brother flips him a Texas Rangers star badge and he then flips it over to reveal our same initials JWR and his says to his brother "it's dads".So the Lone Ranger and I have the same name and so do our fathers and funny enough I too followed in my father's footsteps and became an aviator.Unbelievable ! What are the chances of this happening again ? It looks like through the Lone Ranger my life at 72 has come full circle.Therefore,of course,I will be incorporating this into the storyline of my present diorama about an "old west" theme park.I also find it strange that I happen to be working on an old west theme when I found out about the connection and at a time when I still can change things around a bit ,a few months later and it would have been too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting and thanks. By the way, forget the critics as Dixie and I both thought the new movie was cute and I had many a giggle. When they made the Lone Ranger in the 80's they tried to duplicate Clayton Moore and it didn't work, so they went off on another tangent this time. I guess they didn't like the tongue-in-cheek or as my mother would say, English humor. I was brought up with this, so thoroughly enjoyed it. One critic's main comment was that he couldn't figure out if it was supposed to be comical or serious! Guess it never dawned upon his feeble mind that it could have possibly been both........ Can't believe he gets paid to review.

      Delete