General Order #6
January 20, 2021
Confederate Monuments in Battlefields to be removed!
First let me thank Tennessee Division Commander Joey Nolan for his foresight in seeing what lies ahead for us from the new Congress. The following words comes from his letter. I do not think this can be worded any better, thus, I am adopting them as a General Order to the organization. The following is that letter:
Congress passed a law to create a committee to spend $2,000,000 to remove all Confederate imagery from our military. Over the next three years, buildings, ships, streets, bases, barracks, fields, planes associated with Confederates will be renamed. In the next round of tyranny and “wokism”, legislators are working feverishly to remove Confederate monuments, plaques, pictures, and literature from American battlefields. Please read the following article here:
This effort will start again now with the transition of power complete. I urge everyone to contact your legislators, early and often to tell them to vote against this horrible bill. If you do not participate, THE MONUMENTS WILL BE REMOVED AND DESTROYED! Keep your comments short, to the point, and polite. Letters, calls, texts, tweets, and instagrams are all useful tools. Sign your letters as a concerned taxpayer and voter.
Ideas for your letterss
1. This is a voting issue for millions of Americans.
2. Removing monuments to Confederates will adversely affect tourism and the local economy.
3. The monuments should be protected under the Antiquities Act.
4. Removing monuments will disenfranchise millions of American taxpayers and voters and hurt military recruitment, as most volunteers are from the South per capita.
5. Removing Confederate Monuments is cost prohibitive, money would be better spent on COVID-19 response.
6. Voting to remove monuments enables the movement to remove the rest of American history and culture. Is that what you want your legacy to be?
If you do not know how to contact your legislators, use this link:https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials
We need everyone to participate in this effort. Talk to your trusted contacts, get them involved. All it takes for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.
Want you answer this call to action and take the time to write your representatives and stand up for our ancestors
Larry McCluney, Jr.
Sons of Confederate Veterans