Alcohol poisoning is a common problem in Vietnam, but this is among the handful of times when beer acted as an antidote, instead of the poison.
According to Tuoi Tre, on the morning of January 10, the Quang Tri General Hospital confirmed that patient Nguyen Van Nhat was discharged and given a clean bill of health. Nhat was admitted a few weeks ago in a coma with near-fatal alcohol poisoning. However, the doctors at the facility were able to save him by using a rather unconventional treatment: pumping him full of beer — 15 cans, to be exact.
More @ Saigoneer