Thursday, May 8, 2014

Bundy Ranch security-head, Ryan Payne, is not the Ranger he claims to be

ryan_payne_p.jpg
   
 Although I have never served in the military, my work has allowed me to befriend plenty of fine men and women who have.  For the record, I appreciate the service of each and every one of them; even if I may disagree with their particular politics.  To voluntary sign-up for a program that could result in your making the ultimate sacrifice takes a special kind of courage, and something that I admire. 

    When you think about those who have served in our nation’s history, words like courage, honor and sacrifice come to mind.  Unfortunately, there are also those who would dishonor their service with deceit; while stealing the valor of those who have actually paid the price to attain something difficult, like a Ranger tab.  Bundy Ranch Security-Head, Ryan Payne, is one of those guys.  While claiming to be a Ranger, and knowing enough of the lingo to be initially convincing, Payne maneuvered into a leadership position of the Bundy Family security team.  His motivation?  I can only speculate, but if someone is deceitful enough to falsely claim to be a Ranger, one might conclude that they are up to no good.

Other veterans had their suspicions about Ryan Payne early-on, and began to do some checking on his military record.   When they asked around in the Ranger community, no one had ever heard of a Ranger named Ryan Payne.  This lead Georgia Ranger veteran Danny Harrington to directly contact the Airborne Ranger Training Brigade at Ft. Benning, Georgia, to run a “tab” check.   The staff at the Ranger Training Brigade confirmed that no person named Ryan Payne had attended Ranger School between the years 2000 and 2014. I have included the e-mail string between Harrington and the Ranger School that paralleled the investigation into Payne below.  Below that, I have included an audio interview with Ranger, Danny Harrington, recounting how he then called the Bundy Ranch and spoke to Payne personally and “outed” Payne’s deceit.   On the phone, Ryan Payne admitted that he had never gone to Ranger School and had never served in an actual Ranger unit.  

EMAIL:

9 comments:

  1. What is it with these jokers?

    I wonder which alphabet agency he is associated with?

    ATF, FBI?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shit is pathetic.

    I never understood lying about one's military service, as there is ALWAYS somebody out there who knows the truth, and that truth WILL get out eventually.

    That's why I always say I "dabbled in all the things Marine Corps-ish," because having been a USMC reservist HQBNCommCo wire-maggot during the Cold War/Gulf War ain't nuthin' to write a book about.

    All those Blank Firing Attachments (BFAs) I burned out...
    All that comm wire I spliced...
    The telephone pole climbing...

    Good Lord, it still gives me nightmares...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) !

      Hey, coincidentally, I just came from the campfire where we accused you of being an undercover commie if you didn't come to the the Fall PATCON......:)

      Delete
    2. You have hurt my feelings. Don't make me come down there. I will use harsh language and bludgeon y'all with my teddy bear.

      I wondered how long it would be before one of you drunk SOBs around the campfire accused me of being a fedgov plant....

      It wuz Izzy, I bet. He gets pretty loose and his tongue starts waggin' after two Zimas. Hell...I heard he's got a commie flag tacked up on the wall of his garage.

      Y'all better watch HIM.

      That's what I think.

      Delete
    3. I'll keep my eagle eye open at all times, Sir!

      Delete
    4. BROCK! You've got it backwards - Zoomie's an undercover commie if he ATTENDS. Man, does this outfit need work...

      Daniel, (not at the PatCon because he may or may not be another undercover commie. How else would he know so much about it...?)

      Delete
    5. :) Commies here, commies there, commies all around the square.

      Delete
  3. I grew up in a small town that was a hot bed of KKKK activity. None of my family was ever involved it but we sure knew a lot of folks that were. It was common knowledge
    that they were infiltrated by the FBI and probably a half dozen other ABC outfits. You didn't dare even drive by their meeting place when they were there for fear of getting your license plate put on "the LIST".

    Knowing that and knowing how much more invasive the government is now, there is no doubt in my mind that they had operators pretending to be friends of the Bundy's.
    Heck Mr. Bundy should ask Randy Weaver about trusting strangers.

    This guy may well just be a want a be a## hole but he's just as likely to be a contractor of some sort if not an undercover agent.

    Another thing I wonder about is the guys out there that were blatantly brandishing their firearms, like those guys on the overpass with the rifles. That either had to be
    folks planted there to make the Bundy supporters look bad or a couple of complete idiots because if we could see them on TV no doubt the government had someone above and behind them with their crosshairs focused on them. If they were too stupid to know that then they don't know which end of the tube the round comes out of.
    You have to assume they were government agents of some sort.

    ReplyDelete